Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android TV] Disappearing "Continue Playing" widget

[Android TV] Disappearing "Continue Playing" widget

Device

Fire TV 4K 

I use Spotify with multiple devices, most of the times on my MacBook or Phone together with a Remote Speaker (Spotify Connect)

But I also have a FireTV and on the other day I opened the app and was pleasantly surprised to see a widget "Continue Playing" that was showing which music was playing (in this case int the remote speaker).

I would love a mode of the Android TV that would just show the music playing without necessarily having to listen on the TV (that has a worst sound than the Network Speaker).

But now I can't make this widget to appear again. Any idea on how I can make it permanent?

2 Replies

Hey @upsfeup,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

To get the widget activated you'd need to be listening to music on another device on the same WiFi with both the TV app and the app on the other device open.

Let us know if that's the case.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

"I would love a mode of the Android TV that would just show the music playing without necessarily having to listen on the TV"

Exactly! The widget is already there. It would be great if it could be enlarged (full screen) to show the cover art, artist, and song title, without switching the sound from the device playing to the TV.

I'll submit it as an Idea. 

Suggested posts