Premium

Country
New Zealand

Device

Sony & Panasonic

Operating System

Android TV v9 and v11

My Question or Issue

Have noticed that Spotify app on Android TV only displays the first 100 songs in playlists. Occurs for both our own playlists and ones created by Spotify.  

Same issue on 2 models of TV running Android TV. 

Playing a playlist, it shows the first 100 songs, but will continue playing the 101st song in the playlist even though it isn't displayed. When using remote control from a mobile device (iOS and Android), we can see the full playlist there and play songs later in the playlist to the TV. So only appears to be an issue with the Android TV app not displaying the full playlist. 

Feels like it's not handling pagination from the API after first 100 results, or something like that. 

edit: also, the real number of songs in the playlist is displayed in the top of the list. eg: 140, 241, etc. Just the actual list of songs is affected.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @trolleyboy@Confusedhuh@Schnappi

Thanks for your patience. 

We got a word from the team in charge and this should now be fixed. Could you please check if it's already fixed for you? If you're still experiencing it, would you mind sending us the info we asked for previously? 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Every playlist shows 100 songs at max. Except for the "Liked songs", this one shows normally. Tried to clean cache data on my Android TV, did not work. 

Same here.  LG OS Spotify app now only shows the first 100 songs in a playlist.  It will still play past that, but you have no visibility.  This is a recent issue, it used to work.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We'd like to investigate this further. Could you provide us with the following info? 

• The model of the device in which you're experiencing the issue
  • The exact OS version and exact version of Spotify
  • Troubleshooting steps you've already tried 
  • Screenshots or a short screen recording of the issue happening

Additionally, we suggest that you make sure the firmware of your Android TV is up to date. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

Hey @trolleyboy@Confusedhuh@Schnappi

Thanks for your patience. 

We got a word from the team in charge and this should now be fixed. Could you please check if it's already fixed for you? If you're still experiencing it, would you mind sending us the info we asked for previously? 

EniModerator

Thanks team, can confirm it's fixed for me now. 

Hey there @trolleyboy,

Thanks for letting us know.

Glad to hear that everything works fine now 🙂

Take care.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts