Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app crashes when trying to play local music files

Android app crashes when trying to play local music files

Like the subject says, the Android app on my Galaxy Nexus crashes when trying to play local music files. I have a bunch of files starred, a mix of local music files and stuff off of Spotify which syncs to my phone. I play through the Starred playlist on shuffle and whenever it encounters a local file, the app crashes/closes. 

4 Replies

Same issue on HTC Desire HD. However, this is because I have deleted local music off my phone manually and Spotify hasn't updated my local library on my phone. So when it tries to play the file, it can't find it, so it crashes and closes. 

The problem here is that the Galaxy Nexus runs ICS. And Spotify is not comp[atible (though they helpfully don't let the Android Market tell you this).

As Spotify have (hilariously) no plans to actually update oyu may want to go here and upvote this topic that Licenced has started:-

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-needs-to-support-Android-3-Honeycomb-Android-4...

Ah so that's the problem. I just installed ICS on my DHD. Hopefully this gets fixed sometime soon...

I shant be holding my breath personally.

Suggested posts