Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app won't open - can't detect storage online or offline

Android app won't open - can't detect storage online or offline

Hi all! 😄

Phone: Android Galaxy Note 6

My phone has this problem where it randomly forgets that my SD card exists and then corrupts it, so I never have my own music on-hand. Instead, I have Spotify, which is set up to play online (of course), as well as to download my music for offline listening (using the phone storage, NOT the SD card).

My phone just decided to corrupt my SD card again, and as soon as it did, Spotify refused to open. Instead, it gives me a message that says that no storage can be detected for offline use.

So I connected via a 4g connection = same problem

I connected via wifi = same problem

I went to the Spotify website and disconnected the phone from my offline sync list = same problem

I went into my phone's settings and cleared the Spotify cache = same problem

I'm pretty stumped at this point. It won't run when I'm online or offline, so even if I needed to change the storage location (in case it changed somewhere along the line), I can't even get into the app to do it, and my phone is now refusing to accept any SD card as being usable, so I can't put more storage on my device for Spotify to detect.

Any ideas? 🙂

1 Reply

Can you try uninstalling the Spotify app from your phone. Remove the SD card from your device then check that there is no folder on your phone storage at '/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile'

If this folder exists delete it.

Reboot your phone and with the sd card still out of the device install the Spotify app. Now open it and the cache etc should all be located onto the phone storage.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts