Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android battery drain, phone heats up, when offline/airplane mode

Android battery drain, phone heats up, when offline/airplane mode

Samsung S7.
When I don't have service and put phone to airplane mode. Then go to my offline play lists for music. My phone gets super hot and drains battery life. Are there any known solved fixes?
7 Replies

Does this also happen with spotify set to offline mode?

OP already said it's in offline mode. Same problem here, both on S7 (brand new, fresh install of everything) and Z5 Compact. It seems new, didn't happen before. 

Hey @navaira and @Natesap74,

Can you try the following solution and let me know how it goes:

1. Go to Settings 
  2. Battery
  3. Tap the three-dot icon at the top
  4. Battery optimisation
  5. Tap the drop-down arrow
  6. All apps
  7. Spotify > Don't optimize / Optimize

Looking forward hearing from you! : )

Actually – since it's a new phone – battery optimisation was not enabled at all. So I am now going to try to actually optimise Spotify. At the moment my usage is 22% Spotify, 16% Android system, 14% device idle. This never happened before... Thanks for the hint though, I wouldn't think of the optimisation without you mentioning it, I expected it to be on by default.

Great news, I am glad it worked! : ) 

I've added it to my post as well.  

Have a...

I don't know if it worked yet though 🙂 I'll post here in a day or two. But my battery is now at 85% and I've been listening to music for an hour. It was 86% and dropping fast before I clicked the optimise thingy.

Unfortunately this didn't help. Today I listened for an hour (!) and Spotify is back on top of the chart 😉 with 24% battery use. This is based on last seven days use (i.e. last four as the phone arrived on Tuesday) – before I listened it was down to 12%. So battery optimisation on/off doesn't seem to change anything.

Suggested posts