Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android doesn't download offline playlists

Solved!

Android doesn't download offline playlists

So, I am paying $9.99 for this service of playing my music while offline so I don't use my data up... well, it won't work. I mean, I cancelled my Xbox Live Subscription for this Spotify and... I regret it. Please, someone know how to fix it. I'm just pissed I am paying for something I don't get.

38 Replies

Regarding the inability to sync or download playlists:

I find it odd that the suppport staff were not given the appropriate info from their own developers. This is the solution that I found to work on my Toshiba laptop + Samsung tablet. I also tested it with a borrowed idevice.

1)  ensure that traffic from the spotify app is allowed thru your firewall in both directions (as listed already)

2)  check the uPnP settings as mentioned here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod/Iphone-not-showing-up-in-devices-Unable-...

3) verify that the spotify app set things up properly (via uPnP) in your router - on mine this was incomplete.

On my Belkin router, there is a way to configure traffic thru the its internal firewall. It had an entry for the Spotify app on the PC, but nothing relating to other devices.

4) look up the ip addresses assigned to each device that you wish to sync to (client list from your router or under the advanced wifi settings on your device). You may also need another app on your pc to verify this next number for yourself, but I use Comodo Internet security (free) and it told me that PC spotify.app was "listening" on ports 28939 and 57621

5) create an entry in the traffic routing table in your routers' firewall, to allow traffic from your device to the spotify app on the PC, using the devices' ip and the port number that the PC app is listening on. In my case I only created one entry for the first port 28939 and the iDevice appeared in the Devices list.

When I finished the above, the PC spotify app asked me if I wanted to sync with it. Since it is not mine, I manually chose one file to sync and it appeared in the device. I then deleted the rule on my router and recreated it for the Samsung. I logged out of the PC app, quit the Samsung app, launched and signed in on the PC, and then launched the app on the Samsung. I toggled offline mode on the Samsung and it appeared in the Devices list --and I am syncing as I type.

I know there is probably a more elegant way of signing out and in on the applications that would result in jumping thru fewer hoops than I listed, but anyways - I hope this helps my fellow android users.

Same problem here: no new offline playlists with the new android app version. The problem exists since the last update. I'm pretty pissed that the Spotify team isn't solving the problem. It is known for a while.
Spotify, your app and premium subscription is almost useless at the moment! Do something!!!!!!

I also have a problem with the offline sync that i think has to do with the newest version but im not shure. When i try to sync spotify complains aboout already have been synced on three devices.

The thing is that my phone is the only device that i have spotify mobile on for the time being but i have used it on a lot of devices before.The problem started to occur after i stoped using the new build and went back to version 0.4.12.153.

When i uninstallled the  new version of spotify from my android phone i did not remove the downloaded playlists before i uninstalled, might this be why i have a problem? Does the spotify-servers need to get a confirmation from the client that the downloaded playlists have been removed before  the uninstall? 

Sorry for the wall of text and a lot of questions at the same time but I am realy confused about this.

Downloading to mobile doesn't work for me either. As Spotify have known about this for a month now and not even had the courtesy to comment on this, I am now cancelling my premium subscription.

Same problem here, will cancel if it isnt fixed soon ! 

Bumping this thread as issues have yet to be fixed.  Any playlists that I synced offline prior to the update are still on my phone (HTC one S).  However, after the update any new playlists that I wish to synch offline will disappear after a short while.  I have tried to

1. Clear cache

2. Reinstall app

3. Resync playlists

still doesn't work.  Offline synch on my mobile phone is the only reason I subscribe to Spotify, will unsubscribe soon if issues are not fixed.

So I'm assuming that Spotfiy may have fixed something on their side.  All of my offline playlists (including sync'd MP3s) disappeared a few days ago.  Since then I've been able to sync fine.

Anybody else had the same thing happen?

this is driving me f'ing crazy, the playlist wont sync, it's just pending on 0%. wake up Spotify!!

Same issue...I'm a premium spotify user !

I added new tracks in my playlist on my pc and then use the same wifi network I always use to synchronize it offline on my mobile...nothing happens...synchronization is still pending.

Offline feature is why I'm using spotify...why am I paying for a non-working feature?

Spotify team ? please help

Why has this not been fixed ?!

Hi there,

Per has started a sticky thread on this to try and gather mire information to get thus escalated and resolved. Please take a look, follow the trouble shooting instructions and post back with the details asked for here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Offline-playlists-not-syncing-Please-come-in-here/td-...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Spofity apperently found a simple message that someone forget to pay there account and marked it solved, how lazy of spofity not to address the issues of its customers when over 95% of the comments do not pertaine to the solution they have picked. Im starting to think this company does not focus on customer service, which very well can make a loom fall in the digital music space as history of music startups have seen in the past.

Posts are accepted a solutions by users, not spotify usually. Unfortunately there was a spate of users picking random posts as solutions so the feature has been locked down a little but older threads are still marked as solved.

When I get to my PC later I'll try to remember to go through this thread and remove the solved status
----------------

I have a newly updated HTC rezound (ICS) and spotify has been updated on both my computer and phone, but I no longer have acess to my local file from my computer, it sits there in pending status.  I turned off the firewall and everything else.  so i came here. I have fond MANY (way to MANY) post on his isue with out good resolution.  I need help in getting this fixed or I will no longer pay for what does not work.

Marked as solution

Hi fishfry,

How do you mean - are you saying you transferred your mp3s over usb and these were visible in the old version of spotify but not the new one? If so, then yes, this is an unfortunate short-coming in the new version. Instead what you need to do is put the tracks in a playlist on the PC and then sync that playlist to your phone over wifi
----------------

Well that kinda works, I have to move my entire local play last to another playlist and then they sync, tedious but do'able thanks

Hi.

i also have some issues listening to my playlists offline. I connect my mobile and laptop with the same wireless, then I click on "offline available"... but the playlists don't synchronize. What is it that i am doing wrong?

As licenced also mentions, we need more info from our users to try and fix this. Please join us here:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Offline-playlists-not-syncing-Please-come-in-here/td-...

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts