Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unplugged headphone quits the app

Hello, When I am driving I leave my phone on my passenger seat so I can easily change to the next track. Unfortunately, while doing this, sometimes the headphone jack comes slightly unplugged. Even the slightest movement seems to close the app as it ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   When I am driving I leave my phone on my passenger seat so I can easily change to the next track.  Unfortunately, while doing this, sometimes the headphone jack comes slightly ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android - ICS - Galaxy S2] Offline Directory on external SD?

So i am using the Spotify Premium App for some time now and i am pretty happy about everything except for one fact.The Galaxy S2 has an internal storage ( ~2 gb called internal storage ) an internal USB Storage ( ~12gb called Internal SD ) and an SD ...

• Casual Listener
  • So i am using the Spotify Premium App for some time now and i am pretty happy about everything except for one fact. The Galaxy S2 has an internal storage ( ~2 gb called internal storage ) an inter...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Opt out of Clean Versions for Radio on android

I listen to all types of music, but when I radio rap, which tends to have strong language, it gives me the censored versions. Is there a way to opt out of this feature, as I despise censorship especially in my music. Please fix this because I'm an ad...

• Regular
  • I listen to all types of music, but when I radio rap, which tends to have strong language, it gives me the censored versions.  Is there a way to opt out of this feature, as I despise censorship ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify is constantly deleting my offline tracks.

As it says in the subject the spotify app keeps erasing all the "offlined" (downloaded) tracks, after the whole playlist (ca. 600 tracks) is downloaded. This problem occurred after the latest update I believe it was: 0.5.2.87. Im running it on the in...

• Regular
  • As it says in the subject the spotify app keeps erasing all the "offlined" (downloaded) tracks, after the whole playlist (ca. 600 tracks) is downloaded. This problem occurred after the latest update ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 12 likes

HTC Tattoo not compatible...

I purchased premium just to get the music to my phone, but then I found out that it is not compatible with the Spotify App. My phone is a HTC Tattoo.Is there no other way than the app to get the music to the phone?

• I purchased premium just to get the music to my phone, but then I found out that it is not compatible with the Spotify App. My phone is a HTC Tattoo. Is there no other way than the app to get the ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung 5512 not working

Is Samsung 5512 supported (gingerbread) my screen goes blank when I start the app.

• Is Samsung 5512 supported (gingerbread) my screen goes blank when I start the app.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Android app using a LOT of data on 3G!

Hi there, I didn't use Spotify yesterday until the preview app was announced and I installed it. Since installing it yesterday shortly after it was announced I've been using it a fair amount. I have only listened to music in playlists already downloa...

2012-04-20_14-51-43.png
  • Community Legend
  • Hi there,   I didn't use Spotify yesterday until the preview app was announced and I installed it. Since installing it yesterday shortly after it was announced I've been using it a fair amou...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 91 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 91 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! Screen saver mobile phone player navigator

I want to be able to control spotify from screen saver with out having to swipe away the screen saver to access spotify.

• I want to be able to control spotify from screen saver with out having to swipe away the screen saver to access spotify.
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Screen saver spotify control
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Where are offline playlists stored?

I am probably right in saying that they show up as the 'Cache'? There is no other reason why my cache for the Spotify app should be >500MB....

• Community Legend
  • I am probably right in saying that they show up as the 'Cache'? There is no other reason why my cache for the Spotify app should be >500MB....
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

two playlists show downloaded but inside all is gray and won't play...

two playlists show downloaded but inside all is gray and won't play... using android free radio... Many thanks, Jack

• Casual Listener
  • two playlists show downloaded but inside all is gray and won't play...   using android free radio...     Many thanks, Jack
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Lock screen ICS app not functioning

Hi there,After first installing the new beta app for ICS on my Galaxy S2, the lock screen widget functioned properly. However, now it does not seem to function anylonger.Tips anyone? It functioned using pin code, I've tried all other security options...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, After first installing the new beta app for ICS on my Galaxy S2, the lock screen widget functioned properly. However, now it does not seem to function anylonger. Tips anyone? It functione...
  • mrkristiansson
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs stop playing, app going offline (NOT SOLVED)

I tried replying to the "solved" issue but it is now closed. Old thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Songs-stop-playing-app-going-offline/td-p/82935 Description When in Radio or streaming song will play until end of current selecte...

• Casual Listener
  • I tried replying to the "solved" issue but it is now closed.   Old thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Songs-stop-playing-app-going-offline/td-p/82935   Desc...
  • Lemon01
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Please change codec. Data caps make mobile streaming unworkable.

I left Spotify for MOG because 96kbps OGG VORBIS is a nonstarter. MOG uses AAC-HE at half the bitrate. This means: - I do not blow out my new 2GB/month data cap from streaming 30-60 mins/day - On 3G, instead of constant dropouts in midtown Manhattan ...

• Regular
  • I left Spotify for MOG because 96kbps OGG VORBIS is a nonstarter.  MOG uses AAC-HE at half the bitrate.   This means: - I do not blow out my new 2GB/month data cap from streaming 30-6...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs stop playing, app going offline

I used the preview version on my desire hd and it worked great. I then upgraded to the final release and started getting problems. The app seems to go onlineand offline at will and songs stop playing at random. Even the downloaded songs and even if t...

• Music Fan
  • I used the preview version on my desire hd and it worked great. I then upgraded to the final release and started getting problems. The app seems to go onlineand offline at will and songs stop playing...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 66 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! App stops working when USB is plugged in

Razr; Android 4.0.4. I can't get Spotify to work at all when USB is plugged in to charge, which is a bit of a deal-breaker for me since the Razr kinda needs to be charged continously if you expect to walk out of the home or office without a half-dead...

• Regular
  • Razr; Android 4.0.4.  I can't get Spotify to work at all when USB is plugged in to charge, which is a bit of a deal-breaker for me since the Razr kinda needs to be charged continously if you exp...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Need bugs fixed? Here, have radio instead!

what a bunch of bull**uh-oh**! do they think that throwing radio at us will distract us from all of the other bugs that make the app unusable? not to mention the fact that the radio functionality (as expected) introduces a whole new set of bugs... re...

• Roadie
  • what a bunch of bull**uh-oh**!  do they think that throwing radio at us will distract us from all of the other bugs that make the app unusable?  not to mention the fact that the radio funct...
  • MadHatter66
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotif crashes, have to download all playlists again

I downloaded about 1500 songs in my playlists to my sdcard on Android. Today, the app crashed. When I started it again, all playlists indicated that they're not downloaded, even though the files are still on the SD card! Now I have to download all so...

• I downloaded about 1500 songs in my playlists to my sdcard on Android. Today, the app crashed. When I started it again, all playlists indicated that they're not downloaded, even though the files are ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Android app wont play any songs

I have a premium account, the desktop application works perfectly fine but for some reason the app of my htc will not play any song at all.

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account, the desktop application works perfectly fine but for some reason the app of my htc will not play any song at all.
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium with two android devices: one downloading playlists, one not

I've got Spotify Premium on two Android devices (Galaxy S3 phone and a Nexus 7 tablet). The phone has loads of memory and I use it in the car, so I have downloaded all my playlists on to the handset. But I just want to be able to stream through the N...

• Casual Listener
  • I've got Spotify Premium on two Android devices (Galaxy S3 phone and a Nexus 7 tablet). The phone has loads of memory and I use it in the car, so I have downloaded all my playlists on to the handset....
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No 'Radio' Option for Spotify Mobile?

one of my favorite things to do (especially at work) is to listen to spotify, however i dont always have time to pull out my phone and find the song i wanna listen to. Which is why i love the randomness of pandora (for that ONE reason only)im paying ...

• Casual Listener
  • one of my favorite things to do (especially at work) is to listen to spotify, however i dont always have time to pull out my phone and find the song i wanna listen to. Which is why i love the randomn...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 4 likes