Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

about to leave spotify - offline mode not so offline -.-

about to leave spotify - offline mode not so offline -.-

Hi there,

this is my 2nd month of using Spotify. The 1st month I think from November-December, perfect no complaints at all.

Then from Jan to Feb I'm experiencing problems with offline mode, I have to go online to use offline mode? I don't know what logic you are using but that's not useful to me.

One of the unique features of spotify was offline mode and the reason I joined spotify. Now everytime i want to listen to music I have to go online or my music list is grayed out. It worked perfectly in the 1st month I've been using it. What about people who don't have contracts and have pay as you go? They'd pay 1 pound just to get this stupid playlist right...

I did follow this issue with keen interest to see whether Spotify is actually doing anything against it, but every update fails to go against the offline mode glitch.

My monthly subscriptions renews on the 22nd and if I don't find any solution I will just cancel my subscription.

Have a nice day ya'll

6 Replies

Hi, you must go online once every 30 days when using the mobile app so the client can verify that you are still using a premium account - make sense now?

If you toggle the switch to offline mode, then you won't have to retoggle it until 30 days later.

(Also, I don't know what network you're on, but I'm on PAYG and I get all you can eat data for a measly £15 a month)

Yes I know that I have a 30 day span to go online to verify I'm online but I can't even go offline for 1 day. When my offline mode is active and have no connection to the Internet, it is still grayed out. But once I connect to the internet, all songs become available...

Hey 🙂 

What type of device are you using? (iOS/android/other)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HTC Sensation XE (Android 4.0)

and it worked before as mentioned. So I'm guessing it's to do with one of the latest updates

@DarkBeat wrote:

HTC Sensation XE (Android 4.0)

and it worked before as mentioned. So I'm guessing it's to do with one of the latest updates

Okay, I am going to move this over to the android section to see if anyone else has any suggestions. 

I would suggest you try all of the steps outlined in the android troubleshooting guide 😉

Peter

Move: Accounts --> Android

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Go into the Spotify player on your PC and open your playlist. You might want to check to be sure the switch is set to "available offline". Then maybe your tracks will sync so they are no longer grey and you can play offline.

Suggested posts