Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook login - Loading screen

Hi, Im new to spotify premium + spotify in general. Its working fine on my Macbook, but i tried to use it on my Samsung S3 and it keeps spazzing out when i click on log-in using facebook. The loading circle comes up in front of a white screen with a ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Im new to spotify premium + spotify in general. Its working fine on my Macbook, but i tried to use it on my Samsung S3 and it keeps spazzing out when i click on log-in using facebook. ...
  • staaloe
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Upgrade of spottily

I joined up earlier tonight and now my spottily does not work on my android can someone help me please

• Casual Listener
  • I joined up earlier tonight and now my spottily does not work on my android can someone help me please
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to delete tracks on my cellphone

Last week I noticed that an album of Dope DOD (Branded) was removed from Spotify. No problem, the tracks were deleted on my pc. But I noticed that my playlist on my phone had more songs then on my pc, and now I noticed that those Dope DOD songs are s...

• Casual Listener
  • Last week I noticed that an album of Dope DOD (Branded) was removed from Spotify. No problem, the tracks were deleted on my pc. But I noticed that my playlist on my phone had more songs then on my pc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Adding music on playlist but i cant se them on my mobile

I have add some music to a playlist, on my computer. But I cant see them on my mobile. I have synced my mobile with the computer. And I have even tried to re-install the app. Nothing works. What to do?

• Casual Listener
  • I have add some music to a playlist, on my computer. But I cant see them on my mobile. I have synced my mobile with the computer. And I have even tried to re-install the app. Nothing works. What to d...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

APP

My Spotify hav worked for a long time, but now when I try to start the app, I only get a grey screen! Nothing happens, more than the phone shuts down after a while. What to do?

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify hav worked for a long time, but now when I try to start the app, I only get a grey screen! Nothing happens, more than the phone shuts down after a while. What to do?  
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bidirectional Sync

Hello. I'm French so sorry for my french english... I can synchronize my playlist from my spotify account to my android mobile. I would like to know if it's possible to do the same but in the opposite direction. I explain me, i have made some search ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I'm French so sorry for my french english...   I can synchronize my playlist from my spotify account to my android mobile. I would like to know if it's possible to do the same but i...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Drain

Hi Guys, Once again starting up this forum. Downloaded the new Spotify App and it is absolutely draining my battery like never before? Doesnt matter if you force close it, still using 20%. Seeing as nobody from Spotify answered this question the last...

•   Hi Guys,   Once again starting up this forum. Downloaded the new Spotify App and it is absolutely draining my battery like never before? Doesnt matter if you force close it, still u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logging in through facebook on mobile

I have spotify premium. when i try to login through the spotify app using my Facebook login, the app starts going through this screen refresh/loading loop and never loads. i have tried uninstalling/ re-installing several times and this did not fix th...

• Regular
  • I have spotify premium. when i try to login through the spotify app using my Facebook login, the app starts going through this screen refresh/loading loop and never loads. i have tried uninstalling/ ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

my android tablet is driven me nuts...HELP!!!

I cant get no tools like spotity,google chrome,windows or anything to download.does anyone no what iam doin wrong?

• I cant get no tools like spotity,google chrome,windows or anything to download.does anyone no what iam doin wrong?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Nothing works in New App. Premium Account Now Useless

I have used spotify for about 6 months now, on a premium membership with no issues. My Droid recently auo updated to the new version of Spotify ("Version .5.0.xx") and now almost nothing works. My Specs - Running GAlaxy Nexus with Android Version 4.0...

Screenshot_2012-06-14-09-28-14.png Screenshot_2012-06-14-09-27-44.png Screenshot_2012-06-14-09-27-17.png Sample Playlist once I click on it
  • Regular
  • I have used spotify for about 6 months now, on a premium membership with no issues.  My Droid recently auo updated to the new version of Spotify ("Version .5.0.xx") and now almost nothing works....
  • davemynch
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant hear music!

Hi, I have a premium account and I can't listen to streamed music! It stopped working some time ago. My local files play just fine. I have a Galaxy Note. All I see is the play slider going foward. My volume is on max. I have tried to reinstall spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have a premium account and I can't listen to streamed music! It stopped working some time ago. My local files play just fine. I have a Galaxy Note. All I see is the play slid...
  • MiniTurtle
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Scrobbling problem with Android Tablet

When I listen to music on my tablet in my house, my tracks are scrobbled to last.fm. However, when I take it in the car listen, those tracks remain unscrobbled. Why don't the tracks I listen to while on the road get scrobbled when I return home and a...

• Regular
  • When I listen to music on my tablet in my house, my tracks are scrobbled to last.fm.  However, when I take it in the car listen, those tracks remain unscrobbled.  Why don't the tracks I lis...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Too big screen for Android Spotify?

Hey, I'm new to this Android new app for Spotify. I have Android 2.3.6 and Motorola RAZR MAXX with 4.3 screen. However in every picture on internet I see Spotify like this - very sweet. Picture from Google. However I see in my phone after Settings wh...

spotify-tray.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hey,   I'm new to this Android new app for Spotify. I have Android 2.3.6 and Motorola RAZR MAXX with 4.3 screen. However in every picture on internet I see Spotify like this - very sweet. ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Random sound issue with Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9

Hi there, Receltly I bought a Samsung galaxy tab 8.9 (running android 3.2), and installed Spotify on it. For unknown reason, sometimes, the sound just stops working. The song continue to play, but spotify acts as muted. When going to other sound func...

• Regular
  • Hi there,   Receltly I bought a Samsung galaxy tab 8.9 (running android 3.2), and installed Spotify on it. For unknown reason, sometimes, the sound just stops working. The song continue to...
  • arsthan
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Local data not available on my phone

There are some songs or even albums that are not available on Spotify, if you live in Germany. "Reckless & Relentless" by Asking Alexandria is one of these albums. But I can import my PC's local data into Spotify and listen to those songs on my PC. T...

• There are some songs or even albums that are not available on Spotify, if you live in Germany. "Reckless & Relentless" by Asking Alexandria is one of these albums. But I can import my PC's local ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Sync playing with phone and Pc please?

Laying in bed trying to fall asleep, and for the fourth time a song I like has just come on that I didn't have in a playlist, now ill have to get up even though I know it will slow the progress of my sleep. This would be made sooooo much easier if I ...

• Laying in bed trying to fall asleep, and for the fourth time a song I like has just come on that I didn't have in a playlist, now ill have to get up even though I know it will slow the progress of my...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

noll

Hejsan! Någon som kan hjälpa mig eller komma med "tips" I Torsdags förra veckan så strulade min mobil sony ericsson xperia. Så jag loggade ut från spotify. Sen efter det så har den blivit helt knäpp. Alla mina spellistor är borta och säger att det in...

• Hejsan! Någon som kan hjälpa mig eller komma med "tips" 🙂 I Torsdags förra veckan så strulade min mobil sony ericsson xperia. Så jag loggade ut från spotify. Sen efter det så har den blivit helt knä...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I've decided - after several frustrating years - to give up on Spotify for Android

I don't have anything illuminating to say that hasnt already been extensively covered here or on 'get satisfaction' , but after several years (I'm not sure how many exactly) of suffering with every version of the app on several different phones I've ...

• Casual Listener
  • I don't have anything illuminating to say that hasnt already been extensively covered here or on 'get satisfaction' , but after several years (I'm not sure how many exactly) of suffering with every v...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android phone not showing up under Devices on spotify PC despite being connected to the same wifi

Android phone not showing up under Devices on spotify PC despite being connected to the same wifi. The only reply i got from support was to connect my pc to the wifi wirelessly. Now that is impossible. I am on a desktop and the only way to connect is...

• Music Fan
  • Android phone not showing up under Devices on spotify PC despite being connected to the same wifi.    The only reply i got from support was to connect my pc to the wifi wirelessly. Now th...
  • 1rm
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

why can't spotify find my local files anymore?

I have ben using spotify for a while now, and i used to be able to transfer my mp3s to my phone and spotify found my local files. Lately spotify havent found my files and ask me to download playlist. I do not have the fles on my computer anymore, but...

• Casual Listener
  • I have ben using spotify for a while now, and i used to be able to transfer my mp3s to my phone and spotify found my local files. Lately spotify havent found my files and ask me to download playlist....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes