Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What's New playlists

A few days ago I had the what's new list displaying top playlists, digster top 40 and so on. Now its just what my friends listen to, 7 songs or something like that, on my computor I can see the playlists, but they have dropped down below "friends mos...

• A few days ago I had the what's new list displaying top playlists, digster top 40 and so on. Now its just what my friends listen to, 7 songs or something like that, on my computor I can see the playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks play on mobile device only

There are several tracks that play on my Droid device (Samsung G II) but not on my laptop (Toshiba). Does anybody know why this is?

• There are several tracks that play on my Droid device (Samsung G II) but not on my laptop (Toshiba).  Does anybody know why this is?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Folder Structure

On the Android App, folders created on the PC, are not visible. How can I see the folders?

• Casual Listener
  • On the Android App, folders created on the PC, are not visible. How can I see the folders?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundproblems: sudden cracking sound and volume that raises by itself.

Hi! I bought my Samsung galaxy Ace a year ago and immediately installed the spotifyapp (premium). Recently I've had problems with the sound. The song stops and is replaced by a cracking noise. It sounds like when you're playing a cd with scars/scratc...

• Hi! I bought my Samsung galaxy Ace a year ago and immediately installed the spotifyapp (premium). Recently I've had problems with the sound. The song stops and is replaced by a cracking noise. It s...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

pre. account

This is my second time dealing with this problem. I purchase the premium account and wanted to play on demand music but it keeps saying that I have to have the premium. I have the receipt for it and everything and yet it winter me play music. Only cr...

• This is my second time dealing with this problem. I purchase the premium account and wanted to play on demand music but it keeps saying that I have to have the premium. I have the receipt for it and ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android - organising tracks alphabetically

Hello I have spotify premium and have the app on my samsung galaxy S2 I have downloaded one of my playlists onto my phone - there are about 500 songs in this playlist. When viewing the plylist on my mobile the tracks come up in the order hich they we...

• Hello I have spotify premium and have the app on my samsung galaxy S2 I have downloaded one of my playlists onto my phone - there are about 500 songs in this playlist. When viewing the plylist on...
  • Weazel
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Are deleted playlists automatically removed from phone storage?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm that if I delete a playlist that is downloaded to my phone - either via my pc or phone - that the tracks will automatically be removed from the phone's storage? ie I don't have to "undownload" the playli...

• Regular
  • Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm that if I delete a playlist that is downloaded to my phone - either via my pc or phone - that the tracks will automatically be removed from the phone's ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest spotify apk

I am from outside US but have a spotify premium subscription for over 3 months. Til now I was happy with the older spotify versions but I want to have access to the equalizer and the neat features of the new android. I have a kindle fire running ICS ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am from outside US but have a spotify premium subscription for over 3 months. Til now I was happy with the older spotify versions but I want to have access to the equalizer and the neat features of...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

storing all music to sd card on galaxy s3

i have been working with this for about an hour now, so bare with me ahha. i just bought a galaxy s3 and realized that you can't download music straight to the sd card. i downloaded the new apk, and got to step five of this post: http://community.spo...

• i have been working with this for about an hour now, so bare with me ahha. i just bought a galaxy s3 and realized that you can't download music straight to the sd card. i downloaded the new apk, and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't understand the sync / download logic of the android app

When I am at a playlist at my android app, some songs have a small green down-arrow and some dont but both i can play when i switch of wifi or switch to offline mode. So why is there sometimes an arrow and sometimes not??

• Roadie
  • When I am at  a playlist at my android app, some songs have a small green down-arrow and some dont but both i can play when i switch of wifi or switch to offline mode. So why is there sometimes ...
  • PeterMuc
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists on my android dissapears

HiI have a playlist on spotify containing 500+ songs. The offline playlist on my phone have been working fine and dandy until today when I did a factory reset. After the reset I had to download my playlist again to enable it to work offline. So I did...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I have a playlist on spotify containing 500+ songs. The offline playlist on my phone have been working fine and dandy until today when I did a factory reset. After the reset I had to download m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Not all tracks syncing to device

Hi not sure if this has been sorted elsewhere ( I check and couldn't find a solution ) but here is my problem; I am a premium member using Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.1. My issue concerns "downloaded" playlists, where some (about 10%) of the s...

• Roadie
  • Hi not sure if this has been sorted elsewhere ( I check and couldn't find a solution ) but here is my problem; I am a premium member using Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jellybean 4.1. My issue concerns "d...
  • takingbackbenny
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Questions to the Android Sync

Why some have a arrow and some dont? And they are dark so they are downloaded? what is the green dot at the note left to Peter-PC?

2012-11-22 20.13.57.png 2012-11-22 21.28.36.png
  • Roadie
  • Why some have a arrow and some dont? And they are dark so they are downloaded?   what is the green dot at the note left to Peter-PC?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove Search History

Hi, Is there a way to clear search history in Spotify Mobile for Android? I tried clearing the app's cache but does not help. Just for info ... I am using Android 4.1 Any ideas?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Is there a way to clear search history in Spotify Mobile for Android? I tried clearing the app's cache but does not help.   Just for info ... I am using Android 4.1   ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

3333 limit with own mp3s?

Hi, if i have 3333 songs of spotify synced to my android phone, can i add own mp3s or is this also not possible?

• Roadie
  • Hi, if i have 3333 songs of spotify synced to my android phone, can i add own mp3s or is this also not possible?
  • PeterMuc
  • Roadie
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Synced Songs Dissappearing?

This is the third time I've had to sync my playlists for offline mode to my Andriod. Initially, all the songs will be downloaded and I can play them without a data connection, but I check back a few days later and all but 20 or so (from a 200 song pl...

• This is the third time I've had to sync my playlists for offline mode to my Andriod. Initially, all the songs will be downloaded and I can play them without a data connection, but I check back a few ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists are removed

Hallo Community, I have a problem with my spotify premium account. my notebook and also my smartphone (android) remove some of my playlists. What i mean is that i download them and after a day or times like that, i need to download them again to hear...

• Visitor
  • Hallo Community, I have a problem with my spotify premium account. my notebook and also my smartphone (android) remove some of my playlists. What i mean is that i download them and after a day ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

My offline playlists disappear and i have to keep re-downloading them onto my HTC Evo (Android)

I am a premium member in order to listen to spotify on my phone and the offline playslists are a big part of why i pay. I will download some playlists and then the next day open up spotify on my phone and they are no longer there in the "downloaded p...

• I am a premium member in order to listen to spotify on my phone and the offline playslists are a big part of why i pay.  I will download some playlists and then the next day open up spotify on m...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 19 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 28 likes

Local files won't sync to my Samsung Galaxy s3

Hi, I can't sync my local files to my phone. He doesn't even find my phone in 'Devices' anymore. First it all worked well and now on my spotify app it says: 'The track is unavailable' all the time. The songs that aren't local files all sync automatic...

• Hi,   I can't sync my local files to my phone. He doesn't even find my phone in 'Devices' anymore. First it all worked well and now on my spotify app it says: 'The track is unavailable' all ...
  • Pettigrew95
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music controls missing on Android 4.2

I've just updated my Nexus 7 to Android 4.2, and the music controls are now missing from the lock screen if Spotify is playing. I'd imagine this is due to the fact that Google have changed the way that Spotify music controls work on 4.2 (perhaps Spot...

• Regular
  • I've just updated my Nexus 7 to Android 4.2, and the music controls are now missing from the lock screen if Spotify is playing. I'd imagine this is due to the fact that Google have changed the way th...
  • kria
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes