Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app version 0.5.9.28 (20th February 2013)

Android app version 0.5.9.28 (20th February 2013)

So there was a new version of the Android app released on Wednesday. Not a peep from anyone at Spotify (as usual) and no change at all in the "What's New" section on Google Play. If there really is no difference then why was there a release? Please spill the beans and let us know why there was a new release?

Are you trying to fix the following bug without telling us?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Bugs/Android-App-using-a-lot-of-mobile-data/m-p/241958/highlight/tru...

It's very suspicious timing-wise that Per went out with a new message the day after this release effectively asking "Are you still being affected" like something has changed since the problem was first reported and now?

Spotify provide the suckiest release notes anywhere and despite this idea...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Release-notes-when-Spotify-is-updated/idi-p/22709

being first asked for on 2011-10-20 in the old GetSatisfaction forum and attaining the status "Under Consideration" on 2012-11-21 (despite being ignored for a long while) and now ranking as the 3rd most popular idea of all time, Spotify have so far delivered nothing and we are left guessing the whole time. Don't treat us like children by saying "The changes are to complex to explain" or "You don't need to know about all the changes", that's very insulting to our intelligence. You don't have to publish the whole change list in the "What's New" section on Google Play, but you could easily publish it here in the community.

p.s. My questions above (that's the sentences that end with a '?' symbol) are not rhetorical and I do expect and answer.

3 Replies

I was wondering why there was no change in the whats new section, what did you do Spotify?

I used the app for between two and three hours today, listening to a playlist sync'd for offline use and the app used 50MB of data ... the issue IS NOT fixed.

I think the latest updated was just fixing issues with the localization/languages delivered in the previous update, but as you say we have no idea
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Google Play should FORCE its app developers to add the changelog everytime they update.
The file size has changed... But this crew of developers is one of the worst i've ever seen that working on a kinda sucefully project.. the apps are a total disgrace.. I much prefer Deezer.. The only thing that prevents me switiching to deezer full time nowadays is that most of my friends use spotify and not deezer.. if that werent  the case. i would be on deezer for long.. its catalog even suits me best (more "underground" electronic music than spotify).

Suggested posts