Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Alternatives

Spotify Alternatives

So now that Spotify is useless on an Android phone (newly purchased 64Gb SD card completely redundant for storage purposes) can anyone recommend a Spotify alternative that will allow for external storage of offline playlists?  Much as I'm unwilling to leave it, there is no point in continuing to subscribe with no ability to use the service properly.  

12 Replies

The 64gb sd card may have been a little much as you're only able to store "3,333" tracks on your mobile device. 

Thanks for that helpful reply...

Any alternatives?

Thanks for that helpful response...

I did actually ask about alternatives that allow local storage on SD cards.  If you've got nothing to add to that discussion, maybe best to ignore this topic? 

Your whole post is completely unrelated to "Spotify android help forum" but nice try.  I realize you don't want to do any research yourself, but it will be good for you. I promise.

Deezer?

You can add your locals to Deezer server.

You think I didn't read other forums?  I did, hence my nuanced question.  Given most of the posts on this forum tonight have been bemoaning the lack of SD storage in the new app, it's completely related.  

But thanks for making yourself, after 12 posts, the policeman of these forums.  Why not become a mod if you care that much?

You can use old Spotify app if you want to do so. Yous earch here alternatives, so I point Deezer out. If this is not the service you want, just ask from Google. "Spotify alternative + sd card".

because I don't care, they know it's an issue, it will be a mystery forever on why it wasn't included.  I understand your upset, and thats what keeps me going.

*sigh*

Am I not right in thinking that Deezer doesn't allow local storage on SD cards?  

And I do know how Google works...

And yes, Spotify hear you clear and loud here at Community. You or any other customer isn't ignored by Spotify.

I can promise that Spotify is working with Android application to implement it further. However I'm afraid, I do not know when Spotify release a update to this.

In the meantime, keep feedback coming!

Suggested posts