Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New App broke Screen Rotation

New App broke Screen Rotation

Hi!

First: I commented this to the Mobile Landscape mode Idea thread a while back:

My Spotify does go vertical when connected to a car dock (Samsung Galaxy Note and Samsung Galaxy Note Car Dock). The ability is lacking from the iPhone/iPad support. I saw information about iPad app maybe on its way, but still a native support for having Spotify follow the sensors on the device and would rotate the screen and have the ability to lock the screen to a certain position maybe?

UPDATE to this list is:

Now that I upgraded my Mobile Spotify client on my Galaxy Note to the newest version available

I NO LONGER HAVE THE ROTATION! At the time of making a new software, you have broken the working

screen rotation when connected to car dock.

Old app followed the OS Rotate Screen option - new app _doesn't_ . Where can I get the old spotify client back.

I can't use this in my car anymore - which is why I have Premium to begin with.

When I plug'd my Note sideways to my car mount - the app rotated to landscape so I can use it etc easilly. Now this app is useless to me. I was waiting for the Extreme Sound Quality etc, but if I have to choose between that and working screen rotation - Rotation wins.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

11 Replies

Please fix the screen rotation.  It is crucial with tablets. Especially when using Spotify with speaker dock.

The screen rotation needs to work. If I can't get the screen rotation back - I don't need a subscription anymore.

Spotify is the reason why I stopped buying music and burning CD's to the car, and now that the rotation isn't working -> Can't use the app in the car anymore. Galaxy Note is too big to be hold in the car mount in other ways than sideways + the cables from the car mount get in the way of the climate etc controls.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

No landscape rotation makes the app nearly impossible and extremely dangerous to use. I too pay for a premium subscripn solely for use while driving with phone in dock. If this isn't fixed within the next week I will be looking for other options and cancelling my subscription.

I agree. I just found a software: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.fameit.rotate that helps a bit. You can force the whole phones interface to be landscape -> spotify is landscape too. But it's 7 days free and 2e for the license. I too pay 10e for the premium subscription and 99% of the time I use it in the car. So I know how you feel.

I feel that since we pay each month - we have a right to be upset and demand it to be fixed. It's not like we'v only paid 10e for lifetime, but 10e per month - that starts to be a nice amount of cash after few years and above.

Why doesn't the screen rotate.  Makes no sense.  I love the new interface, playlist folders, etc.  but . .    

Can anyone at spotify chime in here?

LG Revolution, Moto Xoom, Macbook Pro

I doubt they'll 'chime in' They commented last week that it would be high priority, but given that it had already been broken for 5 weeks at that point and still remains broken despite an app update, we can only assume that those comments were just hot air.

You'll be lucky to see a fix any time soon. I wish they'd just release the code and allow us to make our own mobile app. At least it would actually work then rather than the pathetic attempts at a mobile app we've had over the past year.

I've just filed this as a bug through https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact - I suggest everyone else do the same.

I just got this answer form spotify support,

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us here at Spotify.

Yes, that's right - we're sorry but screen rotation isn't a feature of Spotify. If you require any more help or information, then don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Harvey, Customer Support Team

Spotify Customer Services
Cambridge

It's crazy to turn off screen rotatiion !?!?

Deezer has it working btw

They have said it is on "to do list" but no ETA for it. I'v already kinda given up on this. If it comes then it comes. 3rd party app works miracles. Even to the Launchers that don't support

@kylegordon wrote:

I've just filed this as a bug through https://www.spotify.com/uk/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact - I suggest everyone else do the same.

Done!

Totaly agree, this must be done.

Suggested posts