Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android doesn't download offline playlists

Solved!

Android doesn't download offline playlists

So, I am paying $9.99 for this service of playing my music while offline so I don't use my data up... well, it won't work. I mean, I cancelled my Xbox Live Subscription for this Spotify and... I regret it. Please, someone know how to fix it. I'm just pissed I am paying for something I don't get.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just realized my Premium had not been renewed after I got a new credit card. Now it works fine! My bad. Sorry! LS

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello,

dbhb13 - Appeared you've tried everything! Everyone else, try the suggestions in his post, and see if you can get it working.

I'm feedback back to our top men, to take a little look into this.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Marked as solution

EDIT: I have a SG2 running Omega 4.0, after I had run "Remount SD" app, Spotify started downloading again.

Hi,

I have managed to use the external SD card by installing the old version and changing path, and upgrade to the latest version through the market. At first everything was going well, but suddenly Spotify is no longer donwloading the files, is stays on 65 %. I have 28.25 GB available on the SD card. 

What vcould be the problem here?

Greetz,

Phil

Marked as solution

I have premium subscription and everything worked fine until I upgrade the app.

Previous setting was to sync to my SD card (which I'd like to keep doing seeing as I shelled out money to buy a 32GB one just for Spotify).

Now I cant add any new offline playlists.  It appears the data is downloaded because when I redownload any offline playlist it happens almost instantly.

Plz help, otherwise Spotify is getting a little useless for me....

Marked as solution

I am having the same issue, it does seem to work randomly, but doesn't sync any new tracks. I was able to use a workaround however, by using the desktop app, logging in with my phone to the same wifi network, and using the sync option in the desktop app. 

Just click your device, select 'sync with this device' and then your offline playlists will appear as ticked and status 'pending'. Unchecking the checkboxes for these lists, and then re-checking them right away caused the playlists to start syncing to my device.

Marked as solution

Hi fishfry,

How do you mean - are you saying you transferred your mp3s over usb and these were visible in the old version of spotify but not the new one? If so, then yes, this is an unfortunate short-coming in the new version. Instead what you need to do is put the tracks in a playlist on the PC and then sync that playlist to your phone over wifi
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

38 Replies

Hello!

Are you having issues trying to sync your tracks offline? Are you trying syncing over a 3G or a Wi-Fi connection?

Airhorn Enthusiast

I'm having a similar problem.  Since updating to the new app I lose any additional offline playlists that I save within the app.  All my existing offline playlists are still there but any new offline playlists will sync initially and then appear un-sync'd next time I launch the app.  It appears that when I go to re-sync the playlists they do instantly, but obviously this wont work in offline mode, defeating the point.

HTC Sensation, Android 4.0

I have the same problem, wel whit my old app, havent tryd it jet whit my new app, BUT thay are all downloaded to my phone, BUT will still not play off when im offline.

Same problem here, It's very annoying. Any new playlist I download will disappear once I get offline.  It started with the preview version of the app and now it is still an issue with the new final version. Besides that, how can a clear the data now? there is no option in settings. And how can I specify where I want to download the offline playlists, with the old version you could specify the path for them to download. Why is there no such option now? Are you sure this new version is an improvement? I don't see the improvements anywere...

Jaume

Indeed. Also experience this exact same problems. When im in online modus I can play everything and it downloads my playlists.

When I'm in offline modus the downloaded playlists are suddenly not downloaded anymore.

Also it;s very annoying that I cant unmark previously downloaded playlists so they get deleted as offline playlists.

Hoping for a fix on this soon.

Joep

I posted about this very problem last week.  When can we expect a fix?  Spotify is unusable for me because of this.

Wi-Fi.

I am also having the same issue. When clicking on the download Playlist button, I am seeing a status bar saying "Downloading 0%".

I have tried:

1. resetting the app cache

2. uninstalling/reinstalling spotify

3. resetting the device

4. pulling the battery

5. doing a factory reset

6. installing the preview version of the spotify app

7. Checked firewall settings

8, Changed to a different wirless network

9. changed settings in spotify app to allow for 3G download

None of these seemed to have any effect.

I hope this problem gets resolved quickly since the whole point of my purchasing the premium account was to have this feature.

Same as above. "the track is not available" is says. Both when I try to download a playlist or try streaming.

Same on both my Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Tab...

Please do somethink! I pay for this.

LS

@LeSok - do you have a Premium subscription? That's required to use Spotify on mobile
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

I just realized my Premium had not been renewed after I got a new credit card. Now it works fine! My bad. Sorry! LS

This is great that your issue was fixed, but I still am having issues.
Marked as solution

Hello,

dbhb13 - Appeared you've tried everything! Everyone else, try the suggestions in his post, and see if you can get it working.

I'm feedback back to our top men, to take a little look into this.

Airhorn Enthusiast
Marked as solution

EDIT: I have a SG2 running Omega 4.0, after I had run "Remount SD" app, Spotify started downloading again.

Hi,

I have managed to use the external SD card by installing the old version and changing path, and upgrade to the latest version through the market. At first everything was going well, but suddenly Spotify is no longer donwloading the files, is stays on 65 %. I have 28.25 GB available on the SD card. 

What vcould be the problem here?

Greetz,

Phil

Marked as solution

I have premium subscription and everything worked fine until I upgrade the app.

Previous setting was to sync to my SD card (which I'd like to keep doing seeing as I shelled out money to buy a 32GB one just for Spotify).

Now I cant add any new offline playlists.  It appears the data is downloaded because when I redownload any offline playlist it happens almost instantly.

Plz help, otherwise Spotify is getting a little useless for me....

Did Spotify ever issue a response to this?  Is it affecting many people?

All the playlists I made for my holiday had disappeared by the time I set foot off the plane 😞

Marked as solution

I am having the same issue, it does seem to work randomly, but doesn't sync any new tracks. I was able to use a workaround however, by using the desktop app, logging in with my phone to the same wifi network, and using the sync option in the desktop app. 

Just click your device, select 'sync with this device' and then your offline playlists will appear as ticked and status 'pending'. Unchecking the checkboxes for these lists, and then re-checking them right away caused the playlists to start syncing to my device.

Same for me. Two of my playlists are kept in sync but the other 30 syncs and disappears as soon as I go offline.

As everyone else here I pay for this service and it is useless if I can't listen to offline playlists as I am abroad thus cannot use 3G streaming due to the ridiculous pricing.

I also experience another problem, sometimes (I have not been able to isolate exactly when) the next song in the playlist (the two playlists that I am able to sync) won't start automatically - I have to manually choose a song as soon as the playing song is finished;

Please acknowledge that you are working on this problem Spotify. or I WILL start spamming huge media sites about your bad response times.

I have a Samsung Galaxy XCOVER with a 4GB memory card.

Hi, if you look around the fourm you might see I've been suffereing from this same issue, and as it seems with everyone else, spotify don't seem to give a toss. I thought it might have been something personal, but it seems they are ignoring everyone.

Spotify, at least please treat your PAYING customers with the most basic of manners and acknowledge that you have recognised everyone's concerned.

Suggested posts