Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • jt120
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode

Alright, lets give this another try (Internal Server error 500) I am a Spotify Premium user, username madbadger89 As of two days ago, my Spotify on my Android Evo handset went into offline mode, and will not return even though I have an active Wifi c...

• Alright, lets give this another try (Internal Server error 500)   I am a Spotify Premium user, username madbadger89   As of two days ago, my Spotify on my Android Evo handset went into ...
  • blazarus
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Repeating Data Warning

I just installed the spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile and after logging into my facebook account. A warning pops up warning me not to use too much data. When I hit ok, it keeps popping up, and it won't stop. This is preventing me fr...

• I just installed the spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile and after logging into my facebook account. A warning pops up warning me not to use too much data. When I hit ok, it keeps popp...
  • Spyke
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Diveice not found - Galaxy Note

Hello,my computer does not find my device Galaxy Note. No sync! Made a new playlist but I can´t get to my Android. I do not use ICS . I use the same WIFI network. I do not use _Spotify Beta version .

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, my computer does not find my device Galaxy Note. No sync! Made a new playlist but I can´t get to my Android. I do not use ICS . I use the same WIFI network. I do not use _Spotify Beta version...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Android app + ICS

I've installed the new android app, I can Synchronised my playlists frm Spotify (linux or Win) but the files don't download on the phone.

• Casual Listener
  • I've installed the new android app, I can Synchronised my playlists frm Spotify (linux or Win) but the files don't download on the phone.
  • craPkit
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Preview app - glitches on returning to app

Hey all, I changed my phone so that it could receive unknown sources for the Spotify android app preview. But when I attempt to download it it says it was unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong here?

• Hey all,  I changed my phone so that it could receive unknown sources for the Spotify android app preview.  But when I attempt to download it it says it was unsuccessful.  What am I d...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Preview Bugs & Suggestions (Now Playing & Widget)

Hi! First, I LOVE the new layout on Android. And the biggest bug in the previous version (app force closing when adding a song to a playlist) has been fixed so thanks for that! One thing I've noticed is that if the last screen I was using on the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! First, I LOVE the new layout on Android. And the biggest bug in the previous version (app force closing when adding a song to a playlist) has been fixed so thanks for that!   One thing I'v...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android APP HTC won't go online - also,

i've seen several notes about people having trouble with the spotify app on several other devices, but nothing similar to my case: My spotify APP works fine, using a HTC Desire Z. But it stopped updating my playlists about 6 days ago. the APP won't g...

• Casual Listener
  • i've seen several notes about people having trouble with the spotify app on several other devices, but nothing similar to my case:   My spotify APP works fine, using a HTC Desire Z. But it sto...
  • zerokell
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Artist Radio in Mobile Version?

Are there any plans to include that? When? Maybe its there and I am too dumb to find it? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Are there any plans to include that? When?   Maybe its there and  I am too dumb to find it?   Thanks!
  • deltwalrus
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

stops when log in.

Spotify shout down When I log in, that to Do!?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify shout down When I log in, that to Do!? 😮
  • farenhit
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Preview Release - Recommended procedure to change offline tracks from High to Extreme quality?

What is the recommended procedure if you want to change all your offline tracks from High quality to Extreme quality? Also, linked to the above, how long do you have to wait after undownloading a playlist before it gets removed?I've tried undownloadi...

• Community Legend
  • What is the recommended procedure if you want to change all your offline tracks from High quality to Extreme quality?   Also, linked to the above, how long do you have to wait after undownload...
  • craPkit
  • Regular
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing over Sprint 4G

I have had the exact same problem as described here: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/no_syncing_over_sprint_4g and seeing that it has been months, I would like to know if this problem has been fixed. I don't live in a 4G area, so I couldn'...

• Music Fan
  • I have had the exact same problem as described here: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/no_syncing_over_sprint_4g and seeing that it has been months, I would like to know if this problem has ...
  • Gameforce20
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Preview does not work on x86

When I try to use the Spotify Preview on an x86 Android device, it can't load the library. I assume that they only included the ARM binaries of libspotify (or whatever they use internally) and not the x86 ones, too. Please support your few x86 users!

• When I try to use the Spotify Preview on an x86 Android device, it can't load the library. I assume that they only included the ARM binaries of libspotify (or whatever they use internally) and not th...
  • budhda
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S 2 WILL NOT SYNC

my andorid dose not want to sync at all. it has done it befor and all i had to do was uninstall the the app and reinstall it but this time it will not register at all however it will register and ipod. how can i get it so my phone will sync my music ...

• Regular
  •  my andorid dose not want to sync at all. it has done it befor and all i had to do was uninstall the the app and reinstall it but this time it will not register at all however it will register a...
  • CHEV
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

crashing

my spotify on my android pro app keeps crashing it will play the song 3/4 of the way then just shut off ( i tried a clean install and still no fix ) help

• my spotify on my android pro app keeps crashing it will play the song 3/4 of the way then just shut off ( i tried a clean install and still no fix ) help
  • BumfluffBob
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with going to next track on Beta App

The first couple days I had the app I would put a playlist on shuffle and it would go to the next track like normal. Now when a song ends it goes to the next track but there is no audio. If I try to fast forward it goes back to 0:00 and plays again w...

• The first couple days I had the app I would put a playlist on shuffle and it would go to the next track like normal. Now when a song ends it goes to the next track but there is no audio. If I try to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Issues

Hello there, I was an Unlimited user but have been pushed up to Premium after the release of the new Android app, that is perfectly timed with me going on holiday. I just don't know if I am doing something wrong but some of the songs I have selected ...

• Regular
  • Hello there,   I was an Unlimited user but have been pushed up to Premium after the release of the new Android a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffling Playlists

One feature that I have been wanting in the Android app for a while now is the ability to select a playlist to shuffle. This will pick a random song in the playlist and start playing it on shuffle. Right now I have to figure out what song to play fir...

• One feature that I have been wanting in the Android app for a while now is the ability to select a playlist to shuffle. This will pick a random song in the playlist and start playing it on shuffle. R...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Quiting my subscription

I will not pay for your Android app support until you update the app. It is crap, clunky, and almost unusable. Yes I can create play list, but it is not intuitive. I had to hold click, double tap and mainly try anything I could just to make a play li...

• Casual Listener
  • I will not pay for your Android app support until you update the app. It is crap, clunky, and almost unusable. Yes I can create play list, but it is not intuitive. I had to hold click, double tap and...
  • alexh3791
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I'm Pissed

I'm pissed due to your only 3 devices sync, I just started my phone and WI-FI, then it came a message saying something like: "You can only sync your music with 3 devices, and therefor this will be de-synced." Due to that, I'll have to sync all my mus...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm pissed due to your only 3 devices sync, I just started my phone and WI-FI, then it came a message saying something like: "You can only sync your music with 3 devices, and therefor this will be de...
  • alexh3791
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes