Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify version (shown at I/O) for Jelly Bean unavailable

New Spotify version (shown at I/O) for Jelly Bean unavailable

Hi

I was watching the "What is new in Android" session from Google I/O 2012 ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc8YrVc47TI&feature=g-vrec ). There was a screenshot of the new Spotify version with a better notification.

This is the screenshot:

I can't find the version that includes this features. I have the latest version from Google Play and my Nexus is on Android 4.1.1.

6 Replies

Good find. And good to see that Spotify developers are actually doing some pro-active design/development.

There's no public version that includes this yet. I would guess (and hope) that they are continually testing new versions in house and that this will be in the next update.

However, Spotify do not talk about release schedules, future features, roadmaps, or offer release notes when new versions do get released ... as usual we will just have to wait until it pops up on the Play store one day.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I would KILL for this update to also include the correct API for audio that allowed for the use of 3rd party EQs.

Spotify is the only music app I have tried that doesn't work with any EQ.

This, IMHO, is a huge reason why having Android is better than iOS - You can EQ your Spotify.

I really hope they fix this.

kudos to you, EQ guy -- i see your posts popping up everywhere.  take my advice -- check back in 5 years.

Heh.  I won't stop till I have my EQ back!  Plus, it's the recommended standard API for music apps.... why wouldn't they use it???

@dcdttu wrote:

Heh.  I won't stop till I have my EQ back!  Plus, it's the recommended standard API for music apps.... why wouldn't they use it???

i dunno... maybe for the same reason they wouldn't enable landscape view?

or maybe for the same reason they wouldn't send track information over a bluetooth connection that supports it?

I'm currently testing out Rdio.  Last time I tried the music quality (bitrate) was obviously better on Spotify.

But if that's improved and I can use an Equalizer.... I might switch.

Suggested posts