Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify refuses to go online after update

Spotify refuses to go online after update

spotify is offline.png 

After updating Spotify on Sony Ericsson Xperia spotify no longer goes on line.

This I have tryed so far:

- Going online with WLAN

- Going online with the cellphone internet

- Reinstalling Spotify

- Logging in and out of my account.

Note: When I shot the picture above I am online on WLAN, but Spotify still insists on me being offline.

"Offline mode" is also set to "off".

"Connect with Facebook" does not work. (Tryed repetedly).

Spotify on Windows 7 works fine.

5 Replies

@Charlie1979a wrote:

spotify is offline.png 

After updating Spotify on Sony Ericsson Xperia spotify no longer goes on line.

This I have tryed so far:

- Going online with WLAN

- Going online with the cellphone internet

- Reinstalling Spotify

- Logging in and out of my account.

Note: When I shot the picture above I am online on WLAN, but Spotify still insists on me being offline.

"Offline mode" is also set to "off".

"Connect with Facebook" does not work. (Tryed repetedly).

Spotify on Windows 7 works fine.

Will have to wait for pic to be allowed...

Have you tried clearing all data? Also, have you ensured that your internet is working?

Look here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Troubleshooting-Spotify-on-Android/td-p/113082

The web browser on my phone works.

Spotify still has the same problems, even after resetting the phone to factory defaults and redownloading Spotify.

When trying to use the official offline mode it asks me to go online to download new licenses for my music.

I can't use Spotify to play a single track! Nothing works within the Spotify app.

Same problem here on my HTC wildfire also as my offline playlist have mostly gone missing, so android app is uselessless. It was fine before the update. Tried reinstalling, restarting ect. Very dissapointing no music for me today... Smiley Indifferent

Would it be possible to get back the previous version, atleast until this bug is corrected?

My spotify android app remains useless, lucky had Olympics and cricket to listen to instead of music.  Spotify may aim to respond to my support request within 24 hours, their aim is somewhat inaccurate, it's the weekend I suppose, would be happy with the last version that works, probably won't use the radio anyway. Sopitify has been good but how long to pay for somting that no longer works. Soon time to start looking at rival music services.

Suggested posts