Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android phone shown as multiple devices in offline devices

Android phone shown as multiple devices in offline devices

Hi,

my Android phone (Sony Z3 compact, Android 6.0) is the only device I use for Spotify however it shows up as multiple Android devices in the offline manager. This leads quite often to the message that I already have 3 offline devices and the app deletes all offline files. All devices show the same "last update" entry, so there is no way to identify which is a duplicate. 

Completely deleting the app and all local remainders in internal memory and sd card as well as releting all offline devices from my Spotify profile did not help. Just after 24 hours I have 2 Android devices again.

Even changing the password did not help (in case someone logged in with my account and an Android phone which I didn't know). Unfortunately the offline manager is not very informative when it goes to distinguishing Android phones. Just says "AndroidPhone". This bug renders the premium membership practically useless, offline files is the one feature I use in premium.

Spotify 6.0.0.864 armV7

Android 6.0.1

Any ideas? 

3 Replies

The only possibility which springs to mind is that the SD card is being unmounted and remounted each day but I guess you would have mentioned that. I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

I have the exact same issues!

Did you ever find a solution?

Somehow, yes. Seems like it happened when I connected my phone to the PC to transfer files from/to SD card. This seems to make Spotify believe it's a new device. Now I transfer all files via wifi, slower but it doesn't break Spotify.

Suggested posts