Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Annoying cracking noise

Solved!

Annoying cracking noise

Hello,

I tried Spotify on my LG Optimus P 500 One (Android 2.3.3).

Approximately 1 second after starting a song I get an annoying cracking noise on every song!

What can I do?

Best regards,

Lars

32 Replies

@grzesiek - Is it just one crack at the start of every track? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, but what I noticed is that The crackle doesnt appear when the screen is turned off ie. You Play a playlist and the 2nd, 3rd etc tracks dont lag at the beginning, just the one that you clicked to play a playlist

Strange, it almost sounds like a hardware issue but I'm not sure of any other troubleshooting steps which we can try. If the same track plays fine with the screen off something strange is going on!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

At first I also thought it's the hardware problem and my new Xperia SP suxx, but then I've read here that the problem happens also to the owners of other phones, even Samsung Galaxy S3 which has that famous Wolfson chip. Now I think it has something to do with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich/Jeally Bean (not sure which 4.1.2 is).

Anyway I'm really annoyed now as I decided to buy a 200$ headphones (which are not BEATS) and I don't want anything to broke the fun of listening from subscription-based streaming serices

Hi Rocio,
I am so happy I have found this post as this is the problem I have now!!!
I have the sony xperia Z and it happens every time I click on a song!!
Are you able to email me to discuss it further?
I think it may be a spotify software bug, or so I'm hoping that's all it is.
Thanks on advance 🙂

So, I'm having a similar problem, but mine is when there is too much bass. It's across all my devices and all my speakers and is really beginning to bug me because now, I can't even listen to 3/4 of my music.

No, I can't get any audio samples, or anything to help. It's just a cracking noise when I play to much bass. It seems to go away briefly on it's own, but ALWAYS comes back.

I am having this issue with the newest Android update. The crackles start very quiet at the beginning of the tracks and then start becoming louder as the track goes on.

I nave the same random crackling problem (expecially at the beginning of tracks) on nexus 9 android 6.0.1

I am also having this problem

I'm having a that same problem. In low volume i hired noise in background on every track.
Galaxy s5

Hello, i hear crscking noise, specially whith a sound of drums. This don't happen with other music player in my phone. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.
Peleas help.
Marked as solution

For one-time crackling about 1 second after every track begins - try sliding surround sound TOTALLY off (at bottom of spotify/settings/equalizer page).

Hello! I got this too with every song. I use headphones that work on USB, ive always had them in the front of my pc. But those ports dont have enough power for my headphones so it gives a crackling noise. Ive now put them in the back of my pc and its fixed!

Suggested posts