Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Another auto BT spotify music list

Another auto BT spotify music list

Hi guys, 

i have a Mercedes E-350, after i make the connection with my BT android phone (Galaxy S4) i press play without opening spotify and somehow pics a list and starts to play music from spotify ( because i dont have any other mp3s ) that i have no idea where that list is, it has about 4 our 5 musics on it.

I managed to fix this by installing another software to force my phone to play spotify with my normal list and it works, but it starts with the other list first for some milliseconds and the software forces the phone to use spotify and play the normal list.

I dont know what to do, maybe my phone has an automatic default software that also reads this mp3s or the car software only recognizes sofort another software that only has 4 or 5 musics.... no idea.

If there is anyone with this problem please help me out.

Best regards for all

R.G.

3 Replies

Hi, it's quite probably your stock music player finding some ringtones or other music files which come as part of an app or are pre-loaded and playing these.

I have the same on my BMW, as soon as I connect it starts playing the annoying tones... One after another. I found the easiest way to stop this was by Disabling the stock music player. If you go to Settings, Apps and scroll down to your Music Player then press it and tap 'Disable' you'll find it stops this behaviour.

Obviously only do this if you don'ty play local files... like me, I stream everything 🙂

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks Daniel, 

It turns out to be Google Play that was playing the music with 3 or 4 free songs that i had downloaded long time ago, thats why i couldnt even remember anymore.

Well i disabled everything now, hope everything works fine the next time i press play again and hopefully spotify starts.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards.

Ah, glad you found it .... please do come back and let me know if it's dorted. If you need anything else, you know where we are!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts