Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Anyway possible way to log into Spotify Mobile without having to sign in through Facebook?

Anyway possible way to log into Spotify Mobile without having to sign in through Facebook?

Originally signed up for desktop Spotify through Facebook a few years back. I now only use your mobile version, and no longer use Facebook and would like to delete it off of my phone. is there any work around to be able to sign into your premium mobile version with just a regular username and password? Thanks!

6 Replies

Hi and welcome to earth Clark. The below links to an excellent guide for disconnecting Facebook. This will then allow you to create a Spotify account to use:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Alternatively you could just log out and then sign up with your email instead. Obviously though add type creating a new account you'll lose your playlists and my music profile.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello and thank you for taking the time to respond. I realize I could create a new account (start over fresh) without Facebook. I was just hoping that there was a work around that I could use to be able to keep my current account, but have the added option to be able to log in (with an email and password) without having to log in through Facebook. From the looks of those links you provided, it looks like there is no way around it.  

Apps like Soundcloud have that option I just wish Spotify did too. Appreciate the assistance though.

You could all support nicely (use the contact form linked in my signature) and they can copy your profile over to your new account for you 😉

Android Troubleshooting:

That's 'ask' support. Auto correct and no edit on the mobile

Android Troubleshooting:

My apologoes for the late reply. Thank you for that info. I've decided to stick with my current account for now, but that is good to know should I decide to go with a new one in the near future. Again, thanks!

Suggested posts