Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working on Galaxy s2

About 3-4 updates ago I stopped being able to use spotify on my android device. I am paying for premium specifically for this purpose, and I still have no access to spotify. What is the ETA on a fix being pushed for this problem? Is it something I ne...

• About 3-4 updates ago I stopped being able to use spotify on my android device. I am paying for premium specifically for this purpose, and I still have no access to spotify. What is the ETA on a fix ...
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about getting internet back

I lost internet this month and continued to play offline playlist from my computer. Being my primary playlist, I'm very used to moving things around and deleting songs as I listen to them. After doing this a few times after my internet went out, I re...

• Roadie
  • I lost internet this month and continued to play offline playlist from my computer. Being my primary playlist, I'm very used to moving things around and deleting songs as I listen to them. After doi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

T-Mobile Issues

I had a spotify premium account and was paying through my Tmobile service, and just recently it started to tell me i didn't have premium anymore. When i go to sign up for it again, it tells me t-mobile doesn't support spotify. Help!!

• I had a spotify premium account and was paying through my Tmobile service, and just recently it started to tell me i didn't have premium anymore. When i go to sign up for it again, it tells me t-mobi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please don't make me cancel

I used to download songs and played them on my phone. Until I got Spotify Premium. I haven't downloaded a tune since then. Problem is, I'm not satisfied at all. I pay for two subscriptions in my family and quite often I have people over who uses thei...

• Music Fan
  • I used to download songs and played them on my phone. Until I got Spotify Premium. I haven't downloaded a tune since then. Problem is, I'm not satisfied at all. I pay for two subscriptions in my fami...
  • d00jolta
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Bluetooth

I connect my ph to a bluetooth speaker. It only does shuffle on my ph...through Bluetooth. I'm a paid subscriber. Melissa

• I connect my ph to a bluetooth speaker.   It only does shuffle on my ph...through Bluetooth.  I'm a paid subscriber.   Melissa
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sopotify not working on mobile device

I've been trying to download my playlists (I'm premium) in my new Samsung galaxy s4 mini but when it's all downloaded, it kind of delete itself and I have to start over again downloading. What should I do?

• I've been trying to download my playlists (I'm premium) in my new Samsung galaxy s4 mini but when it's all downloaded, it kind of delete itself and I have to start over again downloading. What should...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify loses shuffle place (offline mode)

Hi everyone. Spotify premium user here with my first post. I'm having a really infuriating issue here. After watching Spotify absolutely chew up my data, I decided to download all songs for use in offline mode. When I hit "Shuffle Play" which I like ...

• Hi everyone.  Spotify premium user here with my first post.  I'm having a really infuriating issue here.  After watching Spotify absolutely chew up my data, I decided to download all s...
  • Sillik
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random Auto Play after Update to android 4.4.2 -

I recently updated to KitKat 4.4.2 after the update Spotify random starts playing even though no action has been taken. I have tried unistalling/reinstalling spotify, going to offline mode, and nothing works. The battery drain is significant and ther...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently updated to KitKat 4.4.2 after the update Spotify random starts playing even though no action has been taken. I have tried unistalling/reinstalling spotify, going to offline mode, and nothi...
  • tntblue1976
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify installs, but doesn't function - Alcatel OneTouch 983

Having problems running the new Spotify on my phone. Issue follows. == START OF TEMPLATE === Description Please describe the problem After notification in Spotify that a necessary update was available before opening Spotify and opening Google Playsto...

• Regular
  • Having problems running the new Spotify on my phone. Issue follows.   == START OF TEMPLATE ===   Description Please describe the problem After notification in Spotify that a n...
  • myshkin_
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline scrobbles

Is there any 3rd party Android app that scrobbles tracks from Spotify?

• Gig Goer
  • Is there any 3rd party Android app that scrobbles tracks from Spotify?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My offline musics dont play when offline

Any one had this problem too? I have three offline playlists in my device and i got online everyday to update anything if needed. The point is that even with that, sometimes, when i try to listen to my offline musics, i receive the message saying tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Any one had this problem too?   I have three offline playlists in my device and i got online everyday to update anything if needed.    The point is that even with that, sometim...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on galaxy s3 says it has stopped and wont open

Hello out there. it has been 4 days since i have been on Spotify. i have been getting the screen on my S3 saying the spotify have stopped and i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it still say it has stopped. SO beside getting a new phone i ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello out there. it has been 4 days since i have been on Spotify. i have been getting the screen on my S3 saying the spotify have stopped and i have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it still s...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Offline mode

I have an HTC One m8 at&t and when everyday the days till I need to go offline decrease even though I am online most of the time, Android version 4.4.2

• Gig Goer
  • I have an HTC One m8 at&t and when everyday the days till I need to go offline decrease even though I am online most of the time, Android version 4.4.2
  • cpatrick08
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    HTC One m8
    Offline version
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do albums sometimes redownload to Android?

Does anyone know why albums sometimes redownload to the Android app? I have all of my songs synched to my Android for offline listening. There have been a few times when I have wanted to add a few new albums, and when I start to synch the desktop to ...

• Music Fan
  • Does anyone know why albums sometimes redownload to the Android app?  I have all of my songs synched to my Android for offline listening. There have been a few times when I have wanted to add a ...
  • tigerhenderson
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Licensing restrictions on my own darn files

A couple of years ago, when the subscription overhaul was announced, I was pissed at the idea that if I switched to free, I'd have play restrictions placed on my own local files in the android app. I was assured by a CSR that that wouldn't be happeni...

• Casual Listener
  • A couple of years ago, when the subscription overhaul was announced, I was pissed at the idea that if I switched to free, I'd have play restrictions placed on my own local files in the android app. I...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Question about mp3 size and horribly slow syncing on my android phone.

Hello, I'm using premium trial so i have few questions about it. I'd like ask u how many mp3's can take my 16 GB SDcard with 96/160/320 bitrate by syncing them offline. For now I'm syncing my starred playlist (2050 tracks) at low kbps (96) . My net i...

• Roadie
  • Hello, I'm using premium trial so i have few questions about it. I'd like ask u how many mp3's can take my 16 GB SDcard with 96/160/320 bitrate by syncing them offline. For now I'm syncing my sta...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! albums disappear after saving

Whats going on? I save whole albums then when i go back to them there not there. Only 1 or two songs

• Music Fan
  • Whats going on? I save whole albums then when i go back to them there not there. Only 1 or two songs
  • lowlifescum76
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops streaming and crashes

Hi everybody, just wondering, am I the only one who's Spotify keeps stopping streaming and then crashing so that I have to constantly reboot my phone (Android)? Have reinstalled it like three times now but it still hasn't improved. Please help! Cheer...

• Visitor
  • Hi everybody,   just wondering, am I the only one who's Spotify keeps stopping streaming and then crashing so that I have to constantly reboot my phone (Android)? Have reinstalled it like th...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Switch off notification sound

Is it possible to stop Spotify from generating a notification sound when I get a notification. I don't really want to switch off all my notificaitons - I just want it to do it silently when one is generated (so I don't think I have got a text) Richar...

• Music Fan
  • Is it possible to stop Spotify from generating a notification sound when I get a notification.   I don't really want to switch off all my notificaitons - I just want it to do it silently when on...
  • RichardCollings
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect support on Android 2.1

I have a htc hero which is running 2.1. I had the spotify app on the phone until I had to do a hardware reset. Now when I go to the market place and type spotify in the search bar it doesn't show any results. Please can someone tell me how to get it ...

• I have a htc hero which is running 2.1. I had the spotify app on the phone until I had to do a hardware reset. Now when I go to the market place and type spotify in the search bar it doesn't show any...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes