Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Sony Xperia 5 Mark III , Bose NC 700

Operating System

Android 12, Spotify Rev: 8.7.16.1354

My Question or Issue

My app recently just keep crashing and force close every time I have my headphone (Bose NC 700) connected. I found out the near by device permission was somehow the issue. If I have the near by device permission off. I am able to continue to have my headphone connected through bluetooth and have spotify running. But the spotify app won't show any headphone information (Just played from phone). I am worried if I have nearby device off I won't be able to connect my sonos speakers to spotify. It was working just fine in the past but the crashing start to happen today. Would it be an issue with the latest revision? How can I solve it (not have it crash while still have my nearby device setting on) 

29 Replies

No difference after a clean reinstall.

I tried responding with a video over the weekend twice but it never went through. If there is an email I can send to that will work too. Updated to latest version. It still crashes when the near by device setting is on. 

Removing the permission to access nearby devices for Spotify has worked for now. Try it out!

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

We’ve passed this information to the relevant team to keep investigating this further. We appreciate your feedback.

If you haven’t shared the device info before, please include in your next reply the make, model and OS version of the devices affected, along with the Spotify version you’re currently running to add it to the report.

Also, it would be great if you could attach a video where we can see the app crashing when connected to the speaker/headphones. In case you have any issues attaching the video with the Insert Video option, you can upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We’ll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Here is the drive upload of the previous attempt on revision 8.7.20.1261

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18YdzJ9UDtI6KOdTfVC0qFqUBcdSOUZZa/view?usp=sharing

Hi same issue with RedMi note 10 pro (MIUI13.0.1) and bose sport earbuds. Spotify version 8.7.20.1261 with Family premium Plan. When i connect other bluetooth devices such as speakers or car bluetooth receiver, the app still working quite well, but connected with earbuds It crashes and cannot do anything.

Hi, 

Same crash behaviour on Xperia 5 mark II when connected to Sony Link Buds. Disabling the permission to nearby devices makes the problem go away. 

• I have this exact same error, I'm using Bose Quietcomfort Earbuds. The issue doesn't happen when you revoke that nearby device settings permission in app settings. But it persists otherwise.

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your responses and your info. Also thanks @wiinfinity for making the effort to send the video again, as this will surely be useful for the investigation.

The right developer teams at Spotify are informed about this and are investigating the matter as we speak. For now we're not able to give you a timeframe for an update but we recommend subscribing to this thread, so you remain aware on any developments. We also recommend keeping your apps up to date as well, so not to miss any new feature releases or fixes being pushed in the meantime.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Hey everyone,

Great news, this issues should now be fixed 🙂

Could you update your app to the latest version from the app store and let us know if the issue still persists.

Cheers!

AlexModerator

Suggested posts