Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Plays Artists I Didn't Search For

App Plays Artists I Didn't Search For

I know that without Premium, the only way to listen on an app is through Shuffle Play. Previously, that just meant I would listen to a particular artist's catalogue in a random order; which is totally fine with me! However. Recently, once I hit the Shuffle Play button, the music playing resembles something more akin to an Artist Radio station, as opposed to just a random assortment of songs by the artist for whom I searched- it plays other artists mixed in, sometimes even leading with an artist I didn't want as the fitst song. I have tried slecting specific albums, and still this happens, where an artist I wasn't looking for starts playing. And this all happens while the Radio icon/button on the bottom remains dull, indicating no, Artist Radio is not selected. 

I use a Google Pixel, first generation, as well as a Samsung TabA, and it happens on both. I don't remember this happening before a month or so ago, maybe even less. But it's been consistent for two weeks now, and I would just like some help understanding why. 

1 Reply

There are other restrictions on mobile phones listed here which include:

"Sometimes you'll hear a mix of similar tracks from other artists to what you're playing."

Suggested posts