Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when i attempt to save music

App crashes when i attempt to save music

Using a Galaxy S8, every time I got save or download on an album the app crashes. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it still happens. Is there a number or email so I can contact Spotify directly? Will they refund me for my purchase this month if they can't fix it?

16 Replies

Ive got exactly same issue when i try downkoad new album the app just closes on my samsung s8 tryed everything only happened since latest update does your music crackle and stutter when your streaming it 

Happening to me as well on a Google Pixel. Crashes every single time, tried with multiple albums.

Have you hit the 10,000 song limit? I did, so I unsaved a song, then saved the new song and no crash. Btw I hate the song cap, I have so many songs I wanna add...

Last time i hit it i fot a message and deleted a bunch but that might be it. I hate the song cap. Why am I paying 15 dollars a month to to be limited to 10,000 songs?

Same thing here for the last week or so. Galaxy S8+ here.

Exactly same issue here, i try to unsave a album and it crashes when i save a another. Using a Motorola XT1097. 

I have the exact same problem on an LGG6

Happens on samsung galaxy s4 to me.  Sometimes seems to be only with specific albums, other times it is with anything.  Have re-installed the app which seems to help a bit, although it inevitably returns ; also some of the specfic albums are not fixed even with a re-installation.  Eventually I get to download most albums but it is a pain and never guaranteed.

OnePlus 3T running LineageOS here.

Same problem.  I solved by removing a large swath of saved albums.  It would be helpful if the application give some clue as to why it simply quits when trying to download an album.  No error message, just exits without notice.  

This is rubbish - why pay Premium if there are limitations and what's more, not even transparent limitations. Please sort Spotify. Stop trying to sell your failing business and concentrate on making your existing user base happy

Spotify app crashes as soon as I try to add an album to my collection but I already reached the max limit. Removing albums works so I can add more until max limit is reached again, then crashes. Using the latest version from Google play store.

Same here, crash on save.  Nexus 6P.  I am running into the song limit as well...

If this bug was caused by the development to start removing the song limit, all will be forgiven.

I am affected as well, I have a Xiaomi Mi A1 with Android Oreo.

My collection is full (such a crappy limitation, by the way) and when I try to save an album in the app it crashes.

At least the usual "huge collection, blabla" bull**bleep** error message instead of a crash would be appreciated.

The workaround is to create a playlist with the album and download the playlist.

Happens to me also with my s7. Even crashes when I try to save a single song. 

Same here.. Also think its a problem with the cap.. Last time spotify didnt help at all. Starting of tinking about switching t another service 😕

Google pixel 2, same issue .  Phone is brand new and I have nothing saved .  Still crashes any time I try to save an album.  Anyone manage to figure this out ?

Suggested posts