Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when i try accessing my liked music

App crashes when i try accessing my liked music

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(Samsung note 8

Operating System

(Android 

My Question or Issue

Two days ago i opened my app to see that my liked music icon wasnt in my library, which i then found on my home page. Once i clicked it the app would go blank and crash. I follwed all the forums methods to fix the issue by deleting my cache and uninstalling fom my android settings app yet the problem still persists. And now when i try liking new music it says i dont have the space when i actually have 16gb free of space 

Screenshot_20200726-172729_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200726-171844_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20200726-171924_Spotify.jpg
2 Replies

Hi @TNKY,

Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like there might be an issue with the way your device manages storage. Try enabling the permission for storage options for Spotify. This can be accessed by going to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > Storage. Make sure Spotify is enabled.

If the app keeps crashing we recommend you disconnect all devices from your account here. After that check your SD card for any errors and perform a clean reinstall, following these steps:

1. Remove your SD card from the phone.
  2. Open Spotify.
  3. Go to Start > Settings and tap Cache and Clear Saved Data.
  4. Close Spotify and uninstall the app on your device (don't reinstall it yet). 
  5. Insert the SD card back into the device.
  6. Reinstall Spotify. 
  7. Restart your phone.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have an awesome day!  

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi there, I followed all the required steps yet it still doesnt let me access my saved music. Even when i switch to offline mode the app still crashes. Im able to stream music but not access my saved songs, and when i try adding music i get this message from the attached image.

Screenshot_20200726-172208_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts