Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App will not stay logged in and will not allow me to play through any song.

App will not stay logged in and will not allow me to play through any song.

Hello.

I have been using Spotify for a long time now, without glitches and/or hiccups as many of the other folks have been experiencing up until now.

Unfortunately, when I installed the latest version of Spotify on my Android (SGS4) it ceased to work as it did before. I am unsure if this is a widespread bug that is relevant to the older issues others have dealt with. But, in short, I am unable to have Spotify stay logged in while on the main screen or within the options. It also happens once I play a piece of music, but has not happened when I park in a playlist.

I have tried numerous issue advice from the community such as..

-Reinstalling the App.

-Resetting my phone to factory and only having Spotify installed.

-Switching on/off settings then jumping through hurdles and hoops of real fire!

-Delete all of the Spotify cache.

Alas, none of it has helped remedy the issue.

Another issue I am having is that I cannot play any piece of music for more than a few seconds as the app will log me out and then back in and then back out repeatedly.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me with these issues as the main reason I subscribed was to use uninterrupted listening on my phone.

If the issue stays unresolved for too long I will be unable to continue my subscription any further.

Thanks for reading and hope you can help!

7 Replies

I'm having the same exact problems with the new update on my HTC One

Same issue here.  If this goes on much longer, I'm going to have to cancel and switch subscription services.  

I have been writing about ths one these boards for 3 weeks and nothing has changed. This free month of using the premium is wasted at this point..... Hopefully they figure it out... but not once hs anyone from spotify acknowledged there is an issue.

I am having the exact same problem, and it is very frustrating. I have a GS4 as well. 

I cant understand why they dont just FIX it? how hard can it be? relaunch the old working version, then release a WORKING new update when they bugfix it. Wasting my money here

one more thing other services make better...

unusable on my android, darn slow on my ipod 3g and desktop client wont sync either...

I just wanted to update everyone on here.

They rolled out a system message to download a different version from the app store.

I did just that and now everything is working, except crossfading, but I can live without that for now. 🙂

You'll notice they made a note that they were discontinuing support for the other and just relaunched another app altogether.

Hope this helps all of you!

Cheers,

Blu

Suggested posts