Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Effects fail on Galaxy S6 (EQ Setings)

Solved!

Audio Effects fail on Galaxy S6 (EQ Setings)

Ok, I'm a noob here and I've searched quite a bit, still not finding anything about this even though I'm pretty sure I've gotten as far as I have thanks to this board.  I can get my EQ settings perfect using Spotify on my GS6 (takes me to my phone's native EQ and I set it how I like it) but the minute I skip a track or get an email or text or just about any beep or click, it bypasses my EQ settings and I don't even know what it sets them too, maybe a flat setting.  To "fix" the issue, (and I swear I read about the fix on this board) is to simply lower the volume all the way to 0 then bring it back up to my listening volume and the audio effects are back.  The GS6 seems like a glitchy mutha but it's mostly great and I don't want to have to dump it because of this. - Is there a fix?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah baby!!! I'm a LIAR!  I had forgotten that I did NOT complete the update prior to wiping the phone so it had NOT been updated prior to my previous post.  The issue WAS indeed addressed in the latest update.  It's NOT flawless but it's a GINORMOUS improvement over what I was dealing with previously.  Now, when I change a song, the next song starts playing without the EQ "enhancement" for about a quarter of a second, then the EQ kicks back in (noticable as it actually lowers the volume just slightly - at least with my chosen EQ settings). 

Either way, it was clearly a Samsung / Android L issue and it has now been addressed. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Same issue here. I came up with rhe following procedure to get spotify working again with equaliser:
- realise that sound is **bleep** on spotify.
- stop playing
- open google play and play something
- goto settings ans open equiliser. It works just fine
- stop playingnon google play
- go back to spotify and play. Sound is still **bleep**
- open equiliser on spotify. The equiliser kicks in
- reapeat this process when sound gets **bleep** again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks for the tip but I had that one - well, except for looking for the files but none of them existed.  Folders / locations were different anyway, on the GS6 we're sporting Lollipop. 

Anyway, mine is on Verizon Wireless.  I've done just about everything I can do but nothing has corrected my problem.  I've done 3 "clean" installs now and today I even wiped the device entirely and started over.  Still no change.  VZW sent out an update today but the narrative didn't cover any of my issues and after letting everything run it's course I'm still at square 0.  Do we have any other tips? 

Is there anybody else out there with a GS6 having this issue?

Fishmac

Marked as solution

Yeah baby!!! I'm a LIAR!  I had forgotten that I did NOT complete the update prior to wiping the phone so it had NOT been updated prior to my previous post.  The issue WAS indeed addressed in the latest update.  It's NOT flawless but it's a GINORMOUS improvement over what I was dealing with previously.  Now, when I change a song, the next song starts playing without the EQ "enhancement" for about a quarter of a second, then the EQ kicks back in (noticable as it actually lowers the volume just slightly - at least with my chosen EQ settings). 

Either way, it was clearly a Samsung / Android L issue and it has now been addressed. 

Marked as solution

Same issue here. I came up with rhe following procedure to get spotify working again with equaliser:
- realise that sound is **bleep** on spotify.
- stop playing
- open google play and play something
- goto settings ans open equiliser. It works just fine
- stop playingnon google play
- go back to spotify and play. Sound is still **bleep**
- open equiliser on spotify. The equiliser kicks in
- reapeat this process when sound gets **bleep** again.

Anyone have a spotify alternative.  I'm done paying $10 and getting a crappy app and then getting the Standard IT spiel (uninstall/reinstall) that's the standard thing.  I'm not doing that anymore so anyone who has a suggestion please let me know and Yes I will also search google.  I just need to be able to create my own playlist 

Suggested posts