Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio effect not working on some songs and some playlist

Audio effect not working on some songs and some playlist

I'm running kitkat 4.4.2 stock ROM on my nexus 4,

Spotify 0.7.4.608.g206da179

Audio effect is not working on some songs and some playlist, seems really weird eh?

Audio effect works on most of the songs in my old playlist (both streamed and stored for offline)

but fails on most of the new playlist (streamed and stored offline)

help please, I really need audio effects, nexus 4 sound is pretty weak without it.. 

7 Replies

I have the same isue on my Nexus 4. Also posted in this similar thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/No-equalizer-working-anymore/td-p/566478

I'm not sure if you are using stock software because you don't want to root the device, but switching from your current ROM to one such as this should fix this issue.

That's never a good plan, officially Spotify don't support any custom ROMs so if it comes down to Spotify support changing ROMs can make things worse!

Maybe its a risk worth taking, iOS user talking here!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I've used several ROMs (most recently Paranoid Android) and have never had any issues with Spotify. It's worth trying, and if it doesn't work - revert back to your old ROM. I can say with 100% that Paranoid Android is supported.

The problem is with local files; i.e. files you have on your pc (usually mp3) AND when you sync playlists using your PC Spotify client (or if your PC spotify client is running while you sync set playlists as offline on your mobile device).

So the solution is:

1. Delete all data.

2. Make sure Spotify is not running on your PC.

3. Download the playlists you want to have offline on you mobile device.

If you have local files on your PC which are not available on Spotify and have added them to offline playlists you will then later need to start Spotify on your PC to get them synced. BUT those file will not be affected by the Audio Effects!

An option is to sync them as mp3 to another Audio player on your device.

Audio Effects DO work on locally synced files.

Once you play a local file, open up Aduio Effects in settings and it should kick off again. You have to do this everytime you play a local song.

I would consider this a bug, since the effects do work after a workaround.

I'm having this issue also. Local files in my desktop synced to my Android won't have effects applied when the song start. I have to manually navigate to the EQ section in Spotify to have them working.

Have there been any improvement or work around?

I'm using a THL t100s with stock Android 4.2.2

Spotify version 1.3.0.423

Suggested posts