Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto download/remove podcast episodes?

Auto download/remove podcast episodes?

Hello, new to Spotify.  Is there an option for the app to auto download new podcast episodes, as well as auto removing played episodes ?

53 Replies

cjdierkens_0-1666704147567.pngcjdierkens_1-1666704183297.png

Well that sucks, I guess it hasn’t rolled out to Android yet? The announcement stuff for it made no mention it wasn’t available across both mobile platforms.

I notice you also don’t have the “record your own podcasts” button either - are you using the latest version?

and just like that after more than 9 years; today i've decided to drop Spotify. 

Hey there folks,

We're happy to announce that our developers have worked their magic backstage and made this possible. 

The frequency of removal of episodes can be adjusted from the cogwheel icon in "Your episodes". 

Thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Deleted post 

Hi, The auto download seems to be working now, however it seems to only start downloading after i open the app and go to the desired podcast. This almost makes the auto download ahead of time useless. I'm using an iphone and wondering if i need to change phone settings to allow auto download without the app open or without opening a specific podcast within the app. 

Same with mine on Android.

Still not on Android huh?  That’s wild.  Been working a-ok for iOS since I posted last year.  

@Gggman have you got it set to download (just regular music download) on wifi?  I have to open the app for downloads to happen, but apart from that not having to go to the podcasts themselves.

Yes , it's strange sometimes I'll open the app and they'll be downloaded
and sometimes they won't start until I open the specific podcast. Maybe it
will just correct over time. I don't see any settings that I can change

This thread has been getting a lot of attention lately, but it is years
old. This feature was added to all platforms a while back and works fine,
as many people have been saying.
I do hope you enjoy your apple product.

Auto download seems to be working at last. I found the option to change the frequency of removal of podcasts by going to "Your Library" at the bottom of the screen, then selecting "Your Episodes" and then selecting the gear symbol.

I don't use auto-download, but I set the Remove played episodes to After 24 hours.  It did not remove anything from my list, even after a few days.
So I tried setting to After playing and it immediately removed all the played episodes. It seems confused about how long ago an episode was played.  I frequently switch between the Android & Desktop apps if that matters.

Is there a schedule for when this feature might be added to the desktop app?

Suggested posts