Premium (family plan)

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung galaxy s7

Operating System

Android Nougat

My Question or Issue

I have a fairly large playlist, but alot of the music has gotten kind of old to me. When I use spotify nowadays, I usually let spotify run through the end of the playlist, letting spotify play songs it thinks I would like based on my playlist. I greatly enjoy this feature because it allows me to find new music, and changes things up a bit. However recently it just hasn't been working at all. I'll let it run through my playlist and instead of playing new songs afterwards, it exclusively plays my playlists songs. And only a set group of songs from my playlist at that. I've tested this by just skipping through songs, and after going through dozens upon dozens it just seems to loop through the same set of songs from my playlist. Nothing new at all. It used to work fine before, and I haven't changed/added any new songs since it was last working (playing more than the same 10 songs on repeat). I've tried reinstalling, updating, restarting my phone, redownloading my songs, and turning the feature on and off again and it hasn't seemed to fix it. Any help at this point would be appreciated.

1 Reply

Hey there @Musicisok21,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Keep us posted 🙂 

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts