Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BUG] Android Auto list length: playlist, artists, songs list are cropped.

[BUG] Android Auto list length: playlist, artists, songs list are cropped.

Hi,  i've just bought a car with Android auto and using Spotify while driving is really great! 

Unfortunately there is a problem: if I try to navigate Playlist, artists, songs, etc every list is cropped at more or less 10 elements. This is a very annoying bug, because I can't listen all my playlists (and because android auto behavior, I can't use the mobile phone to select them). 

I would like to know if it's a Spotify bug or an Android auto limitation. If it's because Spotify, please please solve it. If it's because android auto, I'll report the bug to them. 

Thank you very much 🙂 

2 Replies

FYI

This is not a bug, it is by design:

http://www.google.com/design/spec-auto/system-overview/drawer.html#drawer-drawer-content-patterns

Basically more than 6 clicks isn't allowed in Google Android Auto 'Drawer' system. Any more than 6 'clicks' to get to where you want to be is deemed "unsafe" and not allowed, hence not being able to go past a certain point (greater than 6 clicks)

The entire playlist should be available.  If they want to stop you scrolling while you are moving then ok but when stopped you should be able to view the entire playlist.  And if you fast forward through you should be able to go through the entire playlist.  

Suggested posts