Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify android

My bottom bar on my spotify app is missing my library , browse , radio  

• Visitor
  • My bottom bar on my spotify app is missing my library , browse , radio   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't cast Spotify to my Onkyo TX-NR676 using google home.

Just got google home and pretty new to spotify and can't seem to get this to work. Works fine on everything else that has a built in chrome cast.

• Just got google home and pretty new to spotify and can't seem to get this to work. Works fine on everything else that has a built in chrome cast.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Equalizer not working with my Android 8.0 Pixel 2 XL

Hey guys, got my Pixel 2 XL Yesterday and the Equalizer isnt doing anything when i Turn it on. Anybody got an idea ?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys,  got my Pixel 2 XL Yesterday and the Equalizer isnt doing anything when i Turn it on.  Anybody got an idea ?
  • giodelgado
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Improve Android app compatibility with Chromebooks

I recently picked up a Samsung Chromebook Pro and have been using Spotify from the Play Store with it. While it generally works just fine, I have noticed a couple oddities that would be nice to have addressed. 1. Unlike YouTube or Google Play Music, ...

• Regular
  • I recently picked up a Samsung Chromebook Pro and have been using Spotify from the Play Store with it. While it generally works just fine, I have noticed a couple oddities that would be nice to have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    chromebook
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download over cellular with option turned off

I noticed today that when I opened the app on my phone, that Spotify started a download. I have this option turned off yet the download commenced. I tried to restart the phone to no avail. I had to start an offline session to avoid downloading over c...

• I noticed today that when I opened the app on my phone, that Spotify started a download. I have this option turned off yet the download commenced. I tried to restart the phone to no avail. I had to s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music keeps re-downloading

So I have Spotify on my Trio AXS 4G tablet. At-least 3 times a day, when I open the Spotify app it says it is downloading my almost 2,000 songs all over again. I have tried everything, from clearing cache, re-installing the app. All of that. /: I've ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I have Spotify on my Trio AXS 4G tablet. At-least 3 times a day, when I open the Spotify app it says it is downloading my almost 2,000 songs all over again. I have tried everything, from clearing ...
  • Dannieann1e
  • 13 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 10 likes

Add sort by artist to saved song list

Would it be possible to add the sort by artist feature to your "Songs" library? This feature is already implemented for Playlists on the Android app, but the sort by feature has not been implemented for songs saved to your library. I'm forced to add ...

• Casual Listener
  • Would it be possible to add the sort by artist feature to your "Songs" library? This feature is already implemented for Playlists on the Android app, but the sort by feature has not been impleme...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Premium mit PSC bezahlen

Hallo, ich hab ein Problem. Ich kann das Studentenabo nicht mit PSC bezahlen. Warum nicht?

• Hallo, ich hab ein Problem. Ich kann das Studentenabo nicht mit PSC bezahlen. Warum nicht?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't control Spotify via Bluetooth

Tried connecting to a 2014 Subaru Outback and a 2013 Honda Civic. Bluetooth audio comes through fine and can control Spotify on my phone, but none of the external controls (mainly song skipping) work. Song info (track/album/artist) also doesn't displ...

• Casual Listener
  • Tried connecting to a 2014 Subaru Outback and a 2013 Honda Civic. Bluetooth audio comes through fine and can control Spotify on my phone, but none of the external controls (mainly song skipping) work...
  • tuzonghua
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    bluetooth
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playlists merge with home page

This happens between 1-3 per day and to "fix" the issue I need to close the app and re open it stopping my music? It happens when I go from the app to another app then reopen spotify and the playlist I was listening to merges with the home page well ...

• This happens between 1-3 per day and to "fix" the issue I need to close the app and re open it stopping my music? It happens when I go from the app to another app then reopen spotify and the playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing volume of spotify over samsung multiroom

Hi, I have just started playing spotify over wifi to my soundbar k650, but when i change the volume with the phone inside spotify, the volume on the sounbar changes 6 steps at once. I just want it to change one step, cause now it gets too loud or too...

• Hi,   I have just started playing spotify over wifi to my soundbar k650, but when i change the volume with the phone inside spotify, the volume on the sounbar changes 6 steps at once. I just w...
  • Lufe
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • k650
    samsung multiroom
    Spotify
    volume
    wifi playback
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

ipad stopped syncing Spotify music. Says it is waiting to download but never does.

I have had Spotify for several years and never had a problem. However, my iPad with ios 11.1.2 will not sync Spotify music. I can play music on my iPad when connected to WiFi. Spotify on the iPad say it is waiting to download but for the past three d...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had Spotify for several years and never had a problem. However, my iPad with ios 11.1.2 will not sync Spotify music. I can play music on my iPad when connected to WiFi. Spotify on the iPad say...
  • emmett_moseley
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android] Listening to all the doznloaded songs wharever the playlist is

Hi, I'm a new user coming from the google play music app and I've transferred all my playlists. I saw I can randomly listen to one specific playlist but I'd like sometimes to listen to all my musics whatever the playlist they belong to. Playlists hav...

• Hi,   I'm a new user coming from the google play music app and I've transferred all my playlists. I saw I can randomly listen to one specific playlist but I'd like sometimes to listen to all m...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline music gone...again

After reading all the alleged fixes and whatnot a few days ago I did a full phone factory reset. Installed the bare minimum, installed spotify, downloaded once again my offline music (slightly above 1000 songs). Everything seemed fine. Played my offl...

• Regular
  • After reading all the alleged fixes and whatnot a few days ago I did a full phone factory reset. Installed the bare minimum, installed spotify, downloaded once again my offline music (slightly above ...
  • fratenchiappe
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify plays a few songs shuts off/stops playing music after a few songs

So I like to listen to music to fall asleep to, and I noticed when I lay down, turn Spotify on, put my headphones in, select my playlist, it plays maybe 4 songs maybe a couple more and it turns off. I have a cheap Android phone, ZTE lil ol prepaid st...

• So I like to listen to music to fall asleep to, and I noticed when I lay down, turn Spotify on, put my headphones in, select my playlist, it plays maybe 4 songs maybe a couple more and it turns off. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No reproduce ninguna cancion

Tenía una cuenta premium y ahora que estoy de nuevo en free no me deja escuchar ninguna cancion. Selecciono cualquier cancion, sea la que sea y no hace nada. Si le doy aleotorio si llega a reproducir, vi un problema con el streaming en alta calidad p...

• Tenía una cuenta premium y ahora que estoy de nuevo en free no me deja escuchar ninguna cancion. Selecciono cualquier cancion, sea la que sea y no hace nada. Si le doy aleotorio si llega a reproducir...
  • Daniiela
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Any way to prevent the auto updating?

I have a Redmi Note 3 and for some reason it struggles with newer versions of the spotify app and will crash instantly and close upon opening. As an alternative I downloaded the older APK and installed from there. This worked fine up until a day or t...

• I have a Redmi Note 3 and for some reason it struggles with newer versions of the spotify app and will crash instantly and close upon opening. As an alternative I downloaded the older APK and install...
  • ShaggySkunk-c
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Annoying cracking noise

Hello, I tried Spotify on my LG Optimus P 500 One (Android 2.3.3). Approximately 1 second after starting a song I get an annoying cracking noise on every song! What can I do? Best regards, Lars

• Regular
  • Hello,   I tried Spotify on my LG Optimus P 500 One (Android 2.3.3).   Approximately 1 second after starting a song I get an annoying cracking noise on every song!   What c...
  • DouweBoer
  • Casual Listener
  • 32 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 2 likes

Android app issues

Hi, My wife and I share a spotify account. I very infrequently use spotify as I prefer audio books to music. However I do still occasionally listen to music, maybe once a month.So recently my phone has started popping up with the spotify music player...

• Hi,   My wife and I share a spotify account. I very infrequently use spotify as I prefer audio books to music. However I do still occasionally listen to music, maybe once a month. So recently...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes