Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bad quality of the sound

Bad quality of the sound

My songs in spotify sound terrible, with an echo and the voice sounds far away like faded and the bass sounds louder but my other apps like youtube and netflix sound perfectly fine, please help! My account is premium!
22 Replies

Hey @Vaniagutierrez!

Welcome to the Spotify Community. 

That's odd. To check if you're streaming in High Quality, just take a look at the steps here.

Also, can you let us know what device/operating system and Spotify version you're currently using?

We'll see what we can suggest.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I have a samsung galaxy note4 android 6.0.1

Thanks for the info @Vaniagutierrez.

Just to check, are you putting a headphone jack while the app is playing? If so, can you try closing the app and opening it again?

If it's not the case, can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event? Also, is this happening across all your devices?

Keep us posted.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I have been having the same issue on all devices on which I use Spotify (iPhone, MacBook, smart TV, PC desktop) . The problem is intermittent and unpredictable; a restart and adjusting sound settings does not help. Once in a great while, pausing then restarting the song will fix the issue, though, most of the time nothing seems to work. I pay for Spotify Premium and this issue is VERY aggravating. I have had Spotify Premium for well over a year, and I did not start having this issue until a few months ago.  

I'm having the same problemas. Any solution yet?

I have the same problem on my desktop PC I will cancel within the next month if it is not fixed. I can hear it halfway through a song just drop into awful sounding garbage. Exiting and reopening does not fix.

Same problem here:

Nombre del modelo: MacBook Pro

Identificador del modelo: MacBookPro12,1

Nombre del procesador: Intel Core i5

Velocidad del procesador: 2,7 GHz

Cantidad de procesadores: 1

Cantidad total de nucleos: 2

Cache de nivel 2 (por nucleo): 256 KB

Cache de nivel 3: 3 MB

Memoria: 8 GB

Version de la ROM de arranque: MBP121.0171.B00

Version SMC (sistema): 2.28f7

In my case it was due to my bluetooth earphones, disconected from the laptop and configured again. Now is working ok.

I have the same problem listening with Beats earbuds on my iPhone.  It started March 11 and i have been struggling all week. I have tried all the suggested fixes (restart, reinstall, select high quality, etc.).  Nothing works.  As a premium member this is not good.  Spotify - please address this issue!

Hi Moderator - are you still addressing or are you done?  Problem still exists.  Thanks. 

I’m having this problem and have found no answers. Is Spotify going to fix this or am I going to have to listen to Apple Music?

I'm having this same issue on a desk top mac.  It's fine at home but this has to get fixed please!

I was not able to fix it myself but the good news is that Spotify online chat walked me through the repair.  She ran some tests to investigate the problem.  Then she had to delete and reinstall my account profile.  It was more than just downloading the app again.  But don’t worry - i got my playlists etc back unscathed.  Pretty involved process so make sure you have 20-30 minutes available.  But her fix worked for me.  Good luck! 

PS I found the chat function by googling “Spotify online help” and went to “contact” if I remember correctly.  

Thank you I may try this this week! Appreciate the help!

I'm having this problem too, but only for a specific song in my playlist. all others are fine except the one (the low quality song is DVP by Pup)

-##I finally found out the problem... it was my headphones!😂

I agree. Sound quality is appalling. I’ve had premium for about 2 years now. I’ve tried to make it better in the settings but it honestly doesn’t make any difference. 

I use an iPhone X, before that an iPhone 6s and I use westone W30 earphones with a Teac ha-p50 dac. 

Ive tried just using the earphones on their own and even tried the standard iPhone earphones but honestly the quality of the music is not very good on 50% of the music especially when streaming from radio. 

Some downloaded albums are ok but it’s so hit and miss. It’s not just old music either 

I found out it was my headphones and not a Spotify issue. I bought new
headphones and all is great!

I wish my problem was that simple. I use an iPhone X and sometimes a portable Teac amp with some brand new westone W30 headphones. I get the same problem wether I use great earphones with or without the amp and I’ve tried many earphones but all results in the same issues. Sometimes it’s ok sometimes it’s terrible 

Suggested posts