Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Android storage problem

Hello, Iv'e been using spotify for 2 months now. In the app settings I turned off the download option and the offline mode is off, but the app keep eating my storage and stand about 3.8gb till now. sometimes I delete the cache and data and there is n...

• Regular
  • Hello, Iv'e  been using spotify for 2 months now. In the app settings I turned off the download option and the offline mode is off, but the app keep eating my storage and stand about 3.8gb ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only skip 6 songs per hour on Phone

I've posted before, but on desktop you can skip whatever **bleep** song you want without premium. What's the deal.

• Casual Listener
  • I've posted before, but on desktop you can skip whatever **bleep** song you want without premium. What's the deal.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problemas ao iniciar o aplicativo (Android)

Estou com problemas ao iniciar o app no Android, diz que a "Area de Armazenamento não encontrada". Alguém consegue me explicar o motivo ?O smartphone já foi reiniciado e o app já foi reinstalado e nada mudou.

• Estou com problemas ao iniciar o app no Android, diz que a "Area de Armazenamento não encontrada". Alguém consegue me explicar o motivo ? O smartphone já foi reiniciado e o app já foi reinstalado e ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution From iOS to android

Hey I’m moving from iOS to android os. I am logged via fb to Spotify and payed premium. If I change devices . What happen? Do I need to cancel premium on iOS and start over with a new account ? Or I will have a restored everything on a new android de...

• Hey I’m moving from iOS to android os. I am logged via fb to Spotify and payed premium. If I change devices . What happen? Do I need to cancel premium on iOS and start over with a new account ? Or I ...
  • JuanSebastian
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cosmetic defect: Software update error message

This is only a minor cosmetic bug but couldn't find it mentioned elsewhere so thought I'd flag it. On my new Huawei P20 Pro, every time I open Spotify I get an error message telling me I'm using a pre-4.1 version of Android when I'm actually on 8.1. ...

• This is only a minor cosmetic bug but couldn't find it mentioned elsewhere so thought I'd flag it. On my new Huawei P20 Pro, every time I open Spotify I get an error message telling me I'm using a pr...
  • JuanSebastian
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    defect
    error message
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Have premium and spotify is not playing songs I pick in my own playlist.

I've been a Spotify premium user for years now. Within the last year I changed to the student premium + Hulu. When I try to search for a song in my own playlist and click it, it won't play that song but instead play a random song within that playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a Spotify premium user for years now. Within the last year I changed to the student premium + Hulu. When I try to search for a song in my own playlist and click it, it won't play that song ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Paying by PayPal

Hello!I've met a problem.I can't pay for the subscription by PayPal.When I press 'Agree&Pay', I see only white screen. And there is no payment.You can see it on the screenshots.How can I solve that problem?

• Hello! I've met a problem. I can't pay for the subscription by PayPal. When I press 'Agree&Pay', I see only white screen. And there is no payment. You can see it on the screenshots. How can ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find artist's information in the new version

Hi!In the new android version I can't find any artist's information on my phone. Previously it was found scrolling down the artist's page but now there is nothing. I hope this is not a new feature in this version because the bio was really useful and...

• Hi! In the new android version I can't find any artist's information on my phone. Previously it was found scrolling down the artist's page but now there is nothing. I hope this is not a new feature ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App not synching songs on Android (S7 Edge)

I've edited one of my largest playlists and it synched the songs in W10 and Xbox, but Android keeps showing (and playing) a lot more songs from the older playlist version I had. I have already deleted cache, removed the App and changed the storage lo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've edited one of my largest playlists and it synched the songs in W10 and Xbox, but Android keeps showing (and playing) a lot more songs from the older playlist version I had.  I have ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lots of songs missing from main playlist

Trying to listen to my main playlist and more then half thr songs havr been removed. I tried recovering playlist and it did nothing. And the website has been zero help. Can anyone help? I had hundreds of songs removed.Thanks

• Trying to listen to my main playlist and more then half thr songs havr been removed. I tried recovering playlist and it did nothing. And the website has been zero help. Can anyone help? I had hundred...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

Alot of songs on my playlists it gone i think.. On the playlist it says 128 songs but when im in the album it only shows like 30 songs

• Alot of songs on my playlists it gone i think.. On the playlist it says 128 songs but when im in the album it only shows like 30 songs 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort by

So the whole time I've had Spotify when I have sorted the play list by artist the playlist who alphabetize the artists and put them in order of each album that artist has done how ever it is now the case each artists song titles are in alphabetic ord...

• So the whole time I've had Spotify when I have sorted the play list by artist the playlist who alphabetize the artists and put them in order of each album that artist has done how ever it is now the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Entire Playlist Not Showing Up

I can see my playlist fine on my PC but when I try to listen to it on my S7 Edge only half of the songs show up. I can't even see the other half of the songs let alone play them.

• Visitor
  • I can see my playlist fine on my PC but when I try to listen to it on my S7 Edge only half of the songs show up. I can't even see the other half of the songs let alone play them.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Track info not updating when streaming via Android Auto

When streaming Spotify via bluetooth to my car stereo the audio works fine, however the track information does not get updated. The first track that plays shows on the car screen but does not get updated when the next track starts.This only happens w...

• Casual Listener
  • When streaming Spotify via bluetooth to my car stereo the audio works fine, however the track information does not get updated. The first track that plays shows on the car screen but does not get upd...
  • skrt
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Bluetooth Sound Problem with Oreo 8

Hey . Mein Huawei P10 mit Oreo 8.0 also Emui hat Probleme. Der Sound kratzt dauerhaft bei Liedern über bluettooh. Was muss ich tun

• Casual Listener
  • Hey . Mein Huawei P10 mit Oreo 8.0 also Emui hat Probleme. Der Sound kratzt dauerhaft bei Liedern über bluettooh. Was muss ich tun   
  • Odinszorn
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle button disappeared

Premium user on Android and I updated the app, now the shuffle button on my playlists disappeared. I couldn't find it on any sub-menus. How do I shuffle playlists now?

• Premium user on Android and I updated the app, now the shuffle button on my playlists disappeared. I couldn't find it on any sub-menus. How do I shuffle playlists now?
  • bigahen
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes
  • Android
    shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 7 likes

I can't search for music

Hello, My problem is not that it doesn't search for a song, but once it has found it, it doesn't allow me to reproduce it. Instead, it plays the first song in the playlist. Thank you

• Hello,   My problem is not that it doesn't search for a song, but once it has found it, it doesn't allow me to reproduce it. Instead, it plays the first song in the playlist.   Thank yo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Notification icon badge?

I keep getting that icon badge to say I have a notification on the app. How do I view the notification? Why is it popping up? I've never seen a icon badge on Spotify and I've looked every where on the app to try to just view it to get rid of it.Help

• Casual Listener
  • I keep getting that icon badge to say I have a notification on the app. How do I view the notification? Why is it popping up? I've never seen a icon badge on Spotify and I've looked every where on th...
  • nxshara
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes

Enable album artwork on Pixel lock screen

For some reason the album artwork isn't fully shown on the lock screen anymore. Just the music widget. Any help is appreciated!

• For some reason the album artwork isn't fully shown on the lock screen anymore. Just the music widget. Any help is appreciated!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes