Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Constant "now playing" notifications on Android while streaming on PC?

So, I noticed the other day Spotify kept starting up on my phone (Galaxy S6) and showing notifications of what was playing (while I was streaming music on my PC). I cleared the notification, but every time the song changes the notification pops back ...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I noticed the other day Spotify kept starting up on my phone (Galaxy S6) and showing notifications of what was playing (while I was streaming music on my PC). I cleared the notification, but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 19 likes

[Android] You are currently set to offline and can't login

Spotify UsernamestratogrrlPlanFree/PremiumCountry Device Operating SystemAndroid v7.0 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to log in to latest updated from Google Play Spotify by either facebook or with username or password I get a dialogwindow with t...

• Regular
  • Spotify Username stratogrrl Plan Free/Premium Country   Device   Operating System Android v7.0   My Question or Issue  Whenever I try to log in to latest updated from ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

premium dosent work

Spotify Username31geu5kdz6euv4zcqooylxpqgeuuPlanPremiumCountryisrael Devicegalaxy a5 2017 My Question or Issuei bought premium and the premium dosent update on my phone device so i bought and im with the free help quick plz

•   Spotify Username 31geu5kdz6euv4zcqooylxpqgeuu Plan Premium Country israel  Device galaxy a5 2017     My Question or Issue i bought premium and the premium dosent upd...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! WHERE IS MY LIBRARY!?

After weeks of being unable to play music on my android (I was "offline" apparently - no I wasnt) I have uninstalled and redownloaded spotify. My phone checks for updates but spotify was coming up with nothing. So I was suprised to find a brand new v...

• Casual Listener
  • After weeks of being unable to play music on my android (I was "offline" apparently - no I wasnt) I have uninstalled and redownloaded spotify. My phone checks for updates but spotify was coming up wi...
  • b-1i_d3c054tu
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

Loging in in galaxy s8

When i try to log in to my account in the galaxy s8 the account just wont popup its dosent say anything just take me back to the login pageIm for israel

• When i try to log in to my account in the galaxy s8 the account just wont popup its dosent say anything just take me back to the login page Im for israel
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle wont stay on

Spotify Username PlanPremiumCountry NorwayDeviceSony xzOperating SystemAndriod My Question or Issue My spotify refuses to remember that i want it to shuffle, only a song or 2 later it goes back to following the list down

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username   Plan Premium Country  Norway Device Sony xz Operating System Andriod   My Question or Issue  My spotify refuses to remember that i want it to shuffl...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Samsung Galaxy Note 5 keep stop goin to next song after play several song

Im using latest version Spotify Premium on Samsung Galaxy note 5. No matter ive tried every way from reinstall - until battery optimize issue, but everything still gone wrong. Im using Spotify already for about 1.5 year, this issue came up at about l...

• Im using latest version Spotify Premium on Samsung Galaxy note 5.   No matter ive tried every way from reinstall - until battery optimize issue, but everything still gone wrong.   Im us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium Download frozen

Spotify UsernamesimonmeehangrayPlanPremiumCountryIreland DeviceSamsung A5 2017Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhenever I click "Download" on a track, album, playlist or podcast episode, I see the grey downward-pointing arrow, as if the do...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify Username simonmeehangray Plan Premium Country Ireland  Device Samsung A5 2017 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Whenever I click "Download" on a track, alb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug in shuffle setting

Hi, If you enable "Shuffle" through the "Now Playing" bar, the playlist would play shuffled until the setting was manually de-activated. Now, whenever you manually select a song, the "Shuffle" setting is lost. Just to clarify, this is NOT refererring...

• Regular
  • Hi,   If you enable "Shuffle" through the "Now Playing" bar, the playlist would play shuffled until the setting was manually de-activated.   Now, whenever you manually select a song, th...
  • Arez424
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Autoplay not working in new Spotify Free

Hello, I noticed that when Autoplay is selected in the new version of Spotify Free mobile, it does not work. Steps to reproduce: 1. Start new version of Spotify Free mobile.2. Go into the Settings screen, and turn on Autoplay.3. Press Home, and then ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,   I noticed that when Autoplay is selected in the new version of Spotify Free mobile, it does not work. Steps to reproduce:   1. Start new version of Spotify Free mobile. 2. Go ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to repeat a song on Android after the UI redesign?

Today my Spotify app on Android updated to the new UI and I cannot seem to figure out how to repeat a song. The repeat button's location seems to have been taken up by the do not play this song button. Anyone know how to do it? I have Spotify premium...

• Casual Listener
  • Today my Spotify app on Android updated to the new UI and I cannot seem to figure out how to repeat a song. The repeat button's location seems to have been taken up by the do not play this song butto...
  • Firnmylazr
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs play

How do I shuffle play all my songs on new version of spotify?

• Casual Listener
  • How do I shuffle play all my songs on new version of spotify?
  • Philipp127
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play settings not saved

Whenever I choose a song from a Playlist to play, shuffle and repeat is turned off.And I have to reactivate them both. Then I choose another song to play and they both turn of again.

• Whenever I choose a song from a Playlist to play, shuffle and repeat is turned off. And I have to reactivate them both. Then I choose another song to play and they both turn of again. 
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Automatic playing the first song when opening playlist from a shortrcut

How do I disable automatic playing of the first song in playlist when opening it from a shortcut on my homescreen? If I can't disable it now, can you please add a toggle for that in future updates?

• How do I disable automatic playing of the first song in playlist when opening it from a shortcut on my homescreen? If I can't disable it now, can you please add a toggle for that in future updates?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shortcut
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't download to my SD card

Hi, I can't find the option to download music on my SD card. I did have that option, but recently disappeared, I still have all premium features. I would like to download all my music to my SD because I don't have enough space left on my internal sto...

• Hi, I can't find the option to download music on my SD card. I did have that option, but recently disappeared, I still have all premium features. I would like to download all my music to my SD becaus...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Find songs into your playlist" function

Hey guys,Small (and sudden) problem: when I want to find a specific song in one of my playlists I can't play that song but it plays one of the recently added one (like if my Spotify app is following the recently added order and not the personalized o...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys, Small (and sudden) problem: when I want to find a specific song in one of my playlists I can't play that song but it plays one of the recently added one (like if my Spotify app is fol...
  • Marmibò
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Find
    playlist problems
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New UI

My spotify android app changed to a new UI and it's SO BAD. Any way to change it back to the good old interface?

• My spotify android app changed to a new UI and it's SO BAD. Any way to change it back to the good old interface?
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot connect to my account on Android (was offline)

HelloI was using Spotify on my Android device on Offline mode, something happened that my account logged off, when trying to log in again, it says I need to conect to internet. Even whem I am using my cellular data or wifi, it doesn't connect. Can yo...

• Hello I was using Spotify on my Android device on Offline mode, something happened that my account logged off, when trying to log in again, it says I need to conect to internet. Even whem I am using...
  • songassistant
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Vorspulen Lokaler Dateien auf dem Handy nicht möglich

Hallo zusammen, ich habe ein paar Lieder auf dem Handy die ich vom Pc runtergeladen habe also Lokale Dateien. Das Problem ist, dass die sich alle nicht vorspulen lassen. Wenn ich versuche vorzuspulen fängt das Lied immer von vorne an. Das ging aber a...

• Hallo zusammen,   ich habe ein paar Lieder auf dem Handy die ich vom Pc runtergeladen habe also Lokale Dateien. Das Problem ist, dass die sich alle nicht vorspulen lassen. Wenn ich versuche vo...
  • Kallumongo
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't get the new Spotify experience

Hi. I'm using Spotify free on a Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Android 8.0.0), and I have the app updated (version 8.4.54.536). However, none of the promised new features are present! No Data Saver, no on-demand playlists, nothing. It's the same as it has alway...

• Visitor
  • Hi. I'm using Spotify free on a Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Android 8.0.0), and I have the app updated (version 8.4.54.536). However, none of the promised new features are present! No Data Saver, no on-deman...
  • Maxim
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes