Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect not working since v8.4.42.679 beta

Solved!

Spotify connect not working since v8.4.42.679 beta

Hi,

I have two Spotify Connect devices in my network, a Jam Rhythm and an August WR320. My smartphone is a Xiaomi Mi5s running Android 8.1 (Lineage OS 15.1 with root).

I never had problems with Spotify connect, but since v8.4.42.679 beta I am unable to find connect devices with the app. When the connect device is logged in (via PC) everything is working fine, but as soon as I log out or someone else logs in, the device gets invisible.

With v8.4.41.785 beta everything is working fine. Please fix the problem asap, as I cannot update anymore.

If you also experience issues, here's the working version (uninstall the newer one first): https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-41-785-release/

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Someone finally found a solution: https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/issues/1009#issuecomment-388294432

Working like a charm for me!

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Five LineageOS devices with differnt accounts (family) are not working anymore with Spotify Connect. We are loosing the speakers (devices). If I choosed a device with the windows App, I'll see the device on the Android phone. If I close the windows Spotify App I'll loose the device on the Adroid phone.

In basic it is not working anymore with Spotify connect. There will be some million LineageOS devices too it seemed to be. It will be strange to find the problem for nearly 99% of the users 😉

I have a Libratone Zipp Classic/BT that has Spotify Connect and it also suddenly disappeard a couple of weeks ago.

Downloading and installing the version you suggested worked perfect. The speaker is back in the list over available devices.  🙂

Spotify must have changed something. I do hope they look into it and fix it.

Same problem here with a Xiaomi phone and Yamaha speakers. Thanks @Da_Bozz for the link to the old apk, it's working fine 🙂

I get the same problem, Lineageos 14.1, Yamaha RXV777. Recent Sptify doesn't see Yamaha, but still works with Chromecast. I have reverted to version 8.4.39.673.

You can use v8.4.41.785, that's the latest working version.

The mirical seemed to be: unlock or/and root phone

Spotify is looking forward to exclude some black using of it's app. They changed the possible use with the app with rooted phones. Maybe taking a program that hides the root for this app could help.

That's not true, it's also not working on a OnePlus One (which passes Safetynet).

A guy using magisk is able to hide spotify from root und can switch on and off the usability of connect Funktion from spotify.

If I use an unroot phone it's working.

No, I have exactly the same situation on a OnePlus One and it's not working.

I tried magisk on a lineageOs phone now, hide the spotify App and it is only working with the known problems of Spotify connect.😔

SaftyNet status is green 😉

Magisk Hide doesn't help.

I don't think it is problem of rooted device. I can use Chromecast Audio for Connect but not Yamaha. Looks like problem with specific device, maybe it is Yamaha fault.

Here I have Raumfeld from Teufel speakers with this problems. Amazons alexa ist still working with the connect.

I have the same problem with Spotify Connect and Teufel Raumfeld Speakers, which are officially supported.

Even downgrading to v8.4.41.785 didn't help: I can't reach the speakers.

Did anyone find a solution?

By the way: Here you can find some of my attempts in order to find a solution - without real success.

Try version 8.4.39.

Current version seems to have some problem with detecting local network devices. Some way around is to activate UPNP in router and desactivate "show only local devices" in settings.

Thanks for the help!

I just installed v8.4.39.673 - unfortunately no changes.

Then i installed v.8.4.35.152 - no changes as well.

The option "show only local devices" in app settings was always disabled.

Can you tell my why and how activating UPNP could help?

I don't understand if that would change anything, since Spotify Connect is working without any problems with Ubuntu and Windows app...

Please look that the Raumfeld / Teufel speakers have the firmware 2.3

Is your phone bootloader unlocked and / or your device rooted?

Hi and yes:

• Raumfeld / Teufel speakers (One M, One S) are running the latest firmware (2.3).
  • Android phones are rooted with unlocked bootloader, running LOS 14.1 or 15.1 with Magisk v16.4

Just to make sure: Has everyone solved the problem besides me by using an older spotify version or does the problem still exist for you as well?

Suggested posts