Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cache

i tried many times to delete cache on my phone but still it says it uses 9.1 GB, and i dont have space for anything else. Its frustrating that this one app is eating upp 3/4 of my phones storage. if there is no fix for this i might just delete the ap...

• i tried many times to delete cache on my phone but still it says it uses 9.1 GB,  and i dont have space for anything else. Its frustrating that this one app is eating upp 3/4 of my phones storag...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I want to play the exact same song on autorepeat

PlanPremiumOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I want to play the exact same song on non-stop autoplay.I used to be able to do it,but not anymore.(maybe because of an update?)I do not remember how I did in the first place.Anyone smart knows?...

•   Plan Premium Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   I want to play the exact same song on non-stop autoplay.I used to be able to do it,but not anymore.(maybe becau...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Saved music deleted after system update, but phone still says Spotify is using 16gb of user data spa

This has happened multiple times now over at least the last year, but it seems that every time my phone has a system update, all my saved music is no longer downloaded even though I had previously had the download all button toggled on my songs list....

• This has happened multiple times now over at least the last year, but it seems that every time my phone has a system update, all my saved music is no longer downloaded even though I had previously ha...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove from Playlist

Where is the option to remove the song from Playlist?

• Visitor
  • Where is the option to remove the song from Playlist?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Saving music on SD card

How do I can move saved music to SD card on Xiaomi mi A1 with clean android oreo? Of course I have Spotify premium

•    How do I can move saved music to SD card on Xiaomi mi A1 with clean android oreo? Of course I have Spotify premium
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing upon searching android

PlanFreeCountry UsaDeviceSamsing galaxy s6 (SM-G920V)Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or Issue When i go to search or add a song, it prompts a blank, uninteractable screen, song also freezes, causing me to restart the app. The song begins at the...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  Usa Device Samsing galaxy s6 (SM-G920V) Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue  When i go to search or add a song, it prompts a blank, u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezing upon searching android

PlanFreeCountry USADeviceSamsung S6 (SM-G920V)Operating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or Issue Whenever i go to add a song on my playlist on mobile, the song stops and becomes a non-interactable blank black screen, causing me to have to restart the app...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country  USA Device Samsung S6 (SM-G920V) Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue   Whenever i go to add a song on my playlist on mobile, the son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"Now Playing" screen animation problem

I am a premium user owning a Samsung S7 with Oreo 8.0. There is a bug in the animation of "now playing" bar where the name of the song and singer slide. When I tap on that bar, the animation is either fade in (or out?) or slide from right. However th...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user owning a Samsung S7 with Oreo 8.0. There is a bug in the animation of "now playing" bar where the name of the song and singer slide. When I tap on that bar, the animation is eithe...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Animations
    OREO
    S7
    Samsung
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solution for how to shuffle all playlists at once

I found a solution for android Download app: Playlist Manager (by reissGRVS)- its free Open the app and create a new playlist , you can choose existing playlists and merge them all in one.Open your spotify app, and look for the new playlist under Pla...

• I found a solution for android   Download app: Playlist Manager (by reissGRVS)- its free 🙂 Open the app and create a new playlist , you can choose existing playlists and merge them all in on...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Plan familiar

Me cancelaron el plan familiar porque no pudieron confirmar mi dirección pero yo llene el fórmula y resido en la misma casa

• Me cancelaron el plan familiar porque no pudieron confirmar mi dirección pero yo llene el fórmula y resido en la misma casa 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle and Repeat keep turning off!

Hi,Everynight to help me sleep I listen to my playlist, I have it set to Shuffle and repeat so it plays all night! However for the past 2 or 3 weeks the shuffle and repeat options keep turning off! For, from what I can tell, no apparent reason. I alw...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Everynight to help me sleep I listen to my playlist, I have it set to Shuffle and repeat so it plays all night!  However for the past 2 or 3 weeks the shuffle and repeat options keep turnin...
  • geromir
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 27 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 27 likes

Spotify undownloads all my songs when I turn off my phone

Hi, I formated my SD card as a portable drive to get the "Storage" setting in the Spotify app, but whenever I turn off and on again my phone, all my downloaded songs are gone and no storage is selected in the "Storage" setting. It is really frustrati...

• Regular
  • Hi, I formated my SD card as a portable drive to get the "Storage" setting in the Spotify app, but whenever I turn off and on again my phone, all my downloaded songs are gone and no storage is select...
  • th3doctor
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Xperia - constant Software Update notification

Sony Xperia XA1 UltraAndroid Oreo (8.0.0) For the past several weeks I've been getting the red Software Update notification on mobile: Software Update. Your device needs updating! Spotify requires Android version 4.1 or above. To continue listening, ...

•   Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra Android Oreo (8.0.0)   For the past several weeks I've been getting the red Software Update notification on mobile:   Software Update.  Your device n...
  • Amichkaye
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Not automatically play next song

PlanPremiumCountry Device(Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro)Operating System(Android Nougat) My Question or Issue Dear my fellow Spotify friends, I have an issue here.I'm premium member. I downloaded the music into my "song" tab. But, somehow the song can't auto...

• Plan Premium Country   Device (Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro) Operating System (Android Nougat)   My Question or Issue  Dear my fellow Spotify friends, I have an issue here. I'm pre...
  • sandrobarbero
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song Radio instead of playlists

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 My Question or Issue Yo. Ever since yestersay, when i want to play a song it doesn only plays this song, but goes riiiight into the song radio of this song. For example. I want to hear the songs of......

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S7   My Question or Issue  Yo. Ever since yestersay, when i want to play a song it doesn only plays this song, but g...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Músicas indisponíveis

Tenho uma playlist que de vez em quando, algumas músicas ficam cinza, ou seja, indisponíveis, aí tenho que abrir o app no pc e tirar. Só que as músicas estão disponíveis de maneira geral no spotify, só na minha playlist que depois de alguns dias que ...

• Casual Listener
  • Tenho uma playlist que de vez em quando, algumas músicas ficam cinza, ou seja, indisponíveis, aí tenho que abrir o app no pc e tirar. Só que as músicas estão disponíveis de maneira geral no spotify, ...
  • raissavitari
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chrome autoplay pauses Spotify music

PlanPremiumCountry USADevicePixel 2Operating SystemLatest AndroidMy Question or IssueWhenever I'm browsing Chrome with Spotify playing, if I go into a website that has a video or audio that is supposed to play, Spotify pauses, even though the video/a...

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device Pixel 2 Operating System Latest Android My Question or Issue Whenever I'm browsing Chrome with Spotify playing, if I go into a website that has a video ...
  • ls-pibsd_4x2
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 12 likes

Albums sorting by alphabetical order, but so are the songs in the album itself, within my playlist

Hey, so when I sort by album on my phone, it puts the albums in alphabetic order like normal. However, today when I loaded up Spotify on my phone, the songs within the albums in the playlist were sorted by alphabetical order. So, the albums were stil...

• Hey, so when I sort by album on my phone, it puts the albums in alphabetic order like normal. However, today when I loaded up Spotify on my phone, the songs within the albums in the playlist were sor...
  • cosmiclemur
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 9 likes

Audio problems, distortion

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAVROperating System My Question or IssueHi thereThis seems to be some what of a normal issue with a lot of users from searching, but I could not find an actual solution. I am using my phone to stream music through the network...

•   Plan Premium Country   Device AVR Operating System   My Question or Issue Hi there This seems to be some what of a normal issue with a lot of users from searching, but I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App and Amazon Echo stops playing Spotify

Plan PremiumCountry PolandDevice Samsung Galaxy A5, Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot Hi I noticed recently a very disturbing issue - everynow and then Spotify pauses playing music. It happens at random and happens on ALL devices except my laptop. I have ...

• Plan Premium Country Poland Device Samsung Galaxy A5, Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Dot     Hi I noticed recently a very disturbing issue - everynow and then Spotify pauses playin...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes