Plan

Student 

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

wasn't really sure where to put this. I recently upgraded from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S9+. For a while, I've been just finding the songs I had on my iPhone and adding them to my playlist. I realized I could just import my music on my computer to my playlist. My issue is that those songs I have imported on my computer won't play on my phone. They're greyed out. I thought maybe there was a restriction on them but I can play them on my computer fine. Is there a way to be able to play them on my phone as well?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @q50ws_s-eaodn

Yes, you can play your local files on your phone. Just add them to a playlist then on the phone switch on the download toggle on the top of the playlists while your phone is connected to the same network/wi-fi as your computer. This will download your local files on your phone and you will be able to listen to them.

You can read more about it on the official support article here.

Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @q50ws_s-eaodn

Yes, you can play your local files on your phone. Just add them to a playlist then on the phone switch on the download toggle on the top of the playlists while your phone is connected to the same network/wi-fi as your computer. This will download your local files on your phone and you will be able to listen to them.

You can read more about it on the official support article here.

Happy listening 🙂

Suggested posts