Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music skips through songs after a few seconds.

Music skips through songs after a few seconds.

My Question or Issue

Hello, I am using spotify on a samsung S8. I recently got a new bluetooth speaker but when I connect it my music skips through songs after a few seconds. I have uninstalled spotify and reinstalled it and it still wont work proper. Has anyone else had this issue? 

3 Replies

Hi there,

Usually when music skips like that, it's usually due to buffering (ie: bad internet / cellular connection). If you're at home, are you on your WiFi? How's spotify on your phone when not connected to the Bluetooth speaker?

Spotify works fine any other time for me. It's just when its connected to bluetooth that the songs will skip back and forth from one another. One song plays for 30 seconds or less then goes to the next song.

Hi there,

A quick Google search lead me to quite a large discussion on the Samsung forums with this exact issue. It seems to be a Software or Hardware issue - I suggest heading over to that forum and giving it a read over (first page and the last 2 pages for more "newer" discussions). It does not have anything to do with Spotify - but is more of an issue with the phone and the software that runs the Bluetooth connectivity.

Check out the forum discussion here.

Hope that somewhat clears things up.

Suggested posts