Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank screen after tapping the music player bar at the bottom

Blank screen after tapping the music player bar at the bottom

That's my problem. Whenever I try to touch it, the app show nothing but a beautiful grey screen. After a while the app crash and close. Also when there's an ad, whether I choose to watch it or skip it, the app will crash. I rebooted my phone, reinstalled the app, logged out, but none of them worked. My phone is Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus. Please help me. Thanks in advance!

4 Replies

Hey @DigitalBoy.

Could you send us the exact Android and Spotify version numbers? Also, a screenshot of what you see on your end would really help.

In the meantime, try using a different account on your device to see if it behaves the same. You can use either a Premium or Free account to do this.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Thanks for helping!

My android version is 7.1.2 N2G47H with MIUI global 9.6.4.0

My Spotify version is 8.4.63.584 armV7 

I used a different free account and it behaved the same.

Thanks again!

(My phone is going to upgrade to android O in just a few more days so I think my Spotify will works fine again. You can spend your time helping other people first🎉🎉🎉).

Screenshot_2018-07-29-12-17-19-301_com.spotify.music.png

Update: So I did a fresh factory reset, formatted my SD card but I still have that problem🙄

Hey @DigitalBoy.

Thanks for all the info!

Just to confirm, have you noticed if this happens when there are other apps running in the background? Also, do you happen to have a different Android phone with similar specs you could use to see if the same thing happens with your account?

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts