Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

La aplicación tarda en cargar

PlanPremiumCountry SpainDeviceXiaomi Redmi 4Operating SystemAndroid 6 My Question or IssueLlevo varios meses siendo usuario de Spotify y no tuve problemas al principio, pero llevo unos últimos meses en los que la aplicación, normalmente, tarda mucho ...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country  Spain Device Xiaomi Redmi 4 Operating System Android 6  My Question or Issue Llevo varios meses siendo usuario de Spotify y no tuve problemas al ...
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 20 likes

Selecting a new song in a playlist turns off shuffle and repeat

Every time i pick a song on a playlist, it turns off shuffle and repeat, even if I'm using my phone to control my desktop app. Is there a way I can make the functionality go back to when it remembered that shuffle or repeat was on instead of having t...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time i pick a song on a playlist, it turns off shuffle and repeat, even if I'm using my phone to control my desktop app. Is there a way I can make the functionality go back to when it remembere...
  • SneakyBear
  • Casual Listener
  • 34 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 34 replies
  • 16 likes

Interruption during playback and problem on skip track

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceSony Xperia X PerformanceOperating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or IssueFrom current version 8.4.55.521.armv7 and previos version also I'm experiencing random interruption (of about 1 second) during playback! This happen...

• Plan Premium Country Italy Device Sony Xperia X Performance Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue From current version 8.4.55.521.armv7 and previos version also I'm exper...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music way too low on bluetooth

Hi, I'm having trouble playing music on Spotify from my Oneplus 5T over Bluetooth-speakers. It sounds so quiet when I play music, compared to my friends. I have tried maxing the volume on both the phone, and the speakers, but still the same problem. ...

• Hi, I'm having trouble playing music on Spotify from my Oneplus 5T over Bluetooth-speakers. It sounds so quiet when I play music, compared to my friends. I have tried maxing the volume on both the ph...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Android Auto - how to avoid playlist/album restart with first song

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceSony Xperia Z1 Compact Operating SystemAndroid Auto 3.2.581533 My Question or IssueSometimes when I hear a playlist or album on spotify using Android Auto, the playlist automatically restarts with the first song. The s...

• Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Sony Xperia Z1 Compact  Operating System Android Auto 3.2.581533   My Question or Issue Sometimes when I hear a playlist or album on sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't save "Shuffle" and "Repeating titles"

For about 3 or 4 weeks Spotify stopped saving the "shuffle" or "repeat" function (the green symbols in the picture) Once I click on a new song or press the "Shuffle" button again, it automatically unmarks the icons and starts playing the titles chron...

• For about 3 or 4 weeks Spotify stopped saving the "shuffle" or "repeat" function (the green symbols in the picture)   Once I click on a new song or press the "Shuffle" button again, it aut...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't block songs after upgrading to premium account

Hi Until now I had a free account where I was able to block songs or mark them with like. After upgrading to premium I can't find those options ( ‏I can only save the song).Hope you guys can help me.Thanks

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Until now I had a free account where I was able to block songs or mark them with like.  After upgrading to premium I can't find  those options  ( ‏I can only save the ...
  • 4_0-ygez9gzfv
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Sound problems

I own a Google Pixel 2 XL and I listen to Spotify on it. Lately whenever I listen to Spotify while my phone is charged the volume goes up and down at random of looked for solutions and and I've messed with setting involving sound but nothing works! P...

• I own a Google Pixel 2 XL and I listen to Spotify on it. Lately whenever I listen to Spotify while my phone is charged the volume goes up and down at random of looked for solutions and and I've messe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs that play in my IOS divices but won´t play in my Android devices...

There are songs on my playlists that play on my, PC and IOS but won´t play in my android devices. They are shown in the playlist in grey but they don´t play anymore. They used to play in my previews android phone but in my new one for some reason the...

• There are songs on my playlists that play on my, PC and IOS but won´t play in my android devices. They are shown in the playlist in grey but they don´t play anymore. They used to play in my prev...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Wrong song plays on filtered playlist - Android

When I apply a filter to a playlist and play a song, let's say the 3rd one of filtered list, it plays not the 3rd one on the filtered list but the 3rd song of the whole playlist. Version info: 8.4.53.703 armv7Platform: Samsung S8 w/ Oreo 8.0

• Casual Listener
  • When I apply a filter to a playlist and play a song, let's say the 3rd one of filtered list, it plays not the 3rd one on the filtered list but the 3rd song of the whole playlist.    Versi...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes

'Singles' doesn't appears on artist discography

PlanFree/Premium Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Why the "Singles" bar was removed with the new update of the app? "Singles/EPs" menu doesn't appears on the artist discography. There's no reason, it needs to get fixed quickly, 'cause it'...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium   Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Why the "Singles" bar was removed with the new update of the app? "Singles/EPs" menu doesn't appears on the ...
  • w51o3-_xlnqm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer supported (Gingerbread)

I'm on a free plan with Spotify currently, trying to upgrade to premium at some point. My issue is the Spotify app on android 2.3.4 keeps crashing half the time I try to search for a song or artist. Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm on a free plan with Spotify currently, trying to upgrade to premium at some point.  My issue is the Spotify app on android 2.3.4 keeps crashing half the time I try to search for a song or a...
  • macadosheesh
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify looks different on other people phones with same as mine,

Spotify looks completely different and revamped on my friend's phone but still looks old to me, no updates available how can I get the new interface?

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify looks completely different and revamped on my friend's phone but still looks old to me, no updates available how can I get the new interface?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle + Repeat settings keep getting reset everytime I choose a song to listen

I currently have a LG G6 and the 8.4.53.703 arm V7 version of Spotify. Ever since I updated the OS for my G6, everytime I switch playlists, or switch songs, the 'repeat' and 'shuffle' setting gets disabled. So if I was listening with shuffle on and r...

• I currently have a LG G6 and the 8.4.53.703 arm V7 version of Spotify. Ever since I updated the OS for my G6, everytime I switch playlists, or switch songs, the 'repeat' and 'shuffle' setting gets di...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 10 likes

Will offline downloaded playlist update automatically

PlanPremiumCountry Canada DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue So I have spotify premium subscription, and I have downloaded a few playlist. It is set to download when I am on wifi. Now some of this playlists updat...

• Plan Premium Country  Canada   Device Samsung Galaxy 8+ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   So I have spotify premium subscription, and I ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Offline Music Not Playing

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceMotorola Moto X4Operating SystemAndroid 8.1 My Question or IssueI've been experiencing problems where any music I have downloaded for offline listening will not play if the network signal strength is weak (which should not...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Device Motorola Moto X4 Operating System Android 8.1   My Question or Issue I've been experiencing problems where any music I have downloaded for offline...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle disables itself

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHey. I'm having some issues with Spotify lately. I don't know why but for some reason I'm not able to shuffle any of my playlists anymore. For instance I'l...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Hey. I'm having some issues with Spotify lately. I don't know why but...
  • 9juti-_c1awfn
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Followed artists and albums missing

PlanPremiumDeviceOneplus 6Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 OxygenOS 5.1.5 My Question or IssueI woke up yesterday and found all of my followed artists and saved music has disappeared. They have been replaced with random other stuff. I now have 6 artists...

•   Plan Premium Device Oneplus 6 Operating System Android 8.1.0 OxygenOS 5.1.5   My Question or Issue I woke up yesterday and found all of my followed artists and saved music has di...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing

rlel

• rlel
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes