Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay still on when setting turned off

I'm a premium subscriber, running Oreo 8.1, and I despise autoplay. The darn thing won't turn off. Even when the setting is switched off. I've seen threads with this issue dating back over a year and a half. Not a good way to treat paying customers.

• I'm a premium subscriber, running Oreo 8.1, and I despise autoplay. The darn thing won't turn off. Even when the setting is switched off.   I've seen threads with this issue dating back over a...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playing from playlist of "ecc ecc"

I bought 3 months spotify premium today, and when i listen to a playlist it keep saying "listen to playlist (name of playlist) of (these numbers and letters that you can see in the image below)... there is any way i can remove them? They are really a...

• I bought 3 months spotify premium today, and when i listen to a playlist it keep saying "listen to playlist (name of playlist) of (these numbers and letters that you can see in the image below)... th...
  • SergioDavid
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue on hotel wifi

PlanPremiumCountry ItalyDeviceXiaomi redmi note 4xOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 My Question or Issue I'm on a hotel wifi and it seems that somebody else has also spotify and every minute i got is music on my cell, the app tells me that its starting the...

•   Plan Premium Country  Italy Device Xiaomi redmi note 4x Operating System Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  I'm on a hotel wifi and it seems that somebody else has a...
  • hughbetcha86
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs skipping and breaking like scratched CD

Almost every time I listen to my music, the tracks skip and break up randomly like they're on a scratched CD. This has happened on my free plan and still with premium. I have the latest version of the app.

• Visitor
  • Almost every time I listen to my music, the tracks skip and break up randomly like they're on a scratched CD. This has happened on my free plan and still with premium. I have the latest version of th...
  • hughbetcha86
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

album art in lockscreen

PlanPremiumCountry PortugalDeviceHuawei p smart Operating SystemDndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue in my previous phone (Wiko Fever), in my lockscreen when i was playing spotify, my wallpaper was the album cover art, but now in my new phone (huawei P s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Portugal Device Huawei p smart  Operating System Dndroid 8.0   My Question or Issue  in my previous phone (Wiko Fever), in my lockscreen when i was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do I still see advert for premium every time I load spotify when I have a family subscription?

PlanFamily Country Uk Device(s8) My Question or Issue Why do I still see advert for premium every time I load spotify when I have a family subscription? I've logged in/out. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Cleared the cache. Force stopped. Reboot...

•   Plan Family   Country  Uk   Device (s8)   My Question or Issue  Why do I still see advert for premium every time I load spotify when I have a family subscri...
  • hughbetcha86
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Remove Song From Favorites?

I pressed the heart button on a song, and then decided to unlike it in the 'preview' of my favorites Playlist. Even when I dislike it, it doesn't go away! (same for when neither the cross or heart is pressed) There is no 'remove from playlist' button...

• I pressed the heart button on a song, and then decided to unlike it in the 'preview' of my favorites Playlist. Even when I dislike it, it doesn't go away! (same for when neither the cross or heart is...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Configuración

Tengo varias dudas.Tengo el plan Familiar, la cuestión es, ¿Porque no me deja reproducir ciertas canciones? Es decir tengo activada la opción de "Mostrar canciones que no se pueden reproducir" y resulta que buscando una cancion que queria oir no me d...

• Casual Listener
  • Tengo varias dudas. Tengo el plan Familiar, la cuestión es, ¿Porque no me deja reproducir ciertas canciones? Es decir tengo activada la opción de "Mostrar canciones que no se pueden reproducir" y re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [All Mobile] Full-Screen Album Artwork

PlanPremiumDevice(All Mobile Devices)Operating System(All Mobile Operating Systems) My Question or Issue I have seen the full-screen album art feature used for the free plan, as well as in mainstream playlists such as "Rap Caviar", "Hot Country", and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device (All Mobile Devices) Operating System (All Mobile Operating Systems)   My Question or Issue  I have seen the full-screen album art feature used for the...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume problem

When the volume start or I tap the music it get loudly but later become a poor sound and i cant hear it like when i download the app help pls, i pay premium and this isn't what i want

• When the volume start or I tap the music it get loudly but later become a poor sound and i cant hear it like when i download the app help pls, i pay premium and this isn't what i want 😞  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Não consigo abrir minha conta no spotify no celular!

Eu tinha a conta premium mas não tive como seguir e então passei pra conta free desde então não consigo logar no aplicativo do spotify. Alguém pode me ajudar por favor ?

• Eu tinha a conta premium mas não tive como seguir e então passei pra conta free desde então não consigo logar no aplicativo do spotify. Alguém pode me ajudar por favor ? 
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Beta Testing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Motorola E4 Plus)Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Have no idea why Spotify insists on removing features for the sake of "beta testing". I'm guessing you're getting people leaving in droves. The radio station...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Motorola E4 Plus) Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Have no idea why Spotify insists on removing features for the sake of "...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ideas: make it possible to access playlists from home and make it easier to access equalizer

OK so I use Spotify in my car, at my PC and with headphones on gaming consoles. In my car: I want to go straight to playlists and the equalizer without navigating a bunch of artists/radio channels/concert shows/stuff I don't care about. 1. My headpho...

• OK so I use Spotify in my car, at my PC and with headphones on gaming consoles.   In my car:   I want to go straight to playlists and the equalizer without navigating a bunch of artists...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Equalizer
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Return the old ui?

PlanFreeCountry United StatesDevice(LG Stylo 3)Operating System(Android nougat) My Question or Issue I had recently gotten a phone and installed Spotify on it and found that there is a new ui for new users on a free plan, I have Spotify on many devic...

• Plan Free Country  United States Device (LG Stylo 3) Operating System (Android nougat)   My Question or Issue  I had recently gotten a phone and installed Spotify on it ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlist filtering plays random song

For the last ~2 months I have been experiencing the android app playing any random song from the original playlist. After having filtered a playlist with the search bar within the playlist, I hit the song i want to play, and sometimes that song plays...

• For the last ~2 months I have been experiencing the android app playing any random song from the original playlist. After having filtered a playlist with the search bar within the playlist, I hit the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

bug in spotify when take photo in whatsapp

PlanPremiumCountryIsrael DeviceNexus 5XOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.2 My Question or Issue when starting the camera in whatsapp while playing song. the app is closing

• Plan Premium Country Israel  Device Nexus 5X Operating System Android 7.1.2  My Question or Issue  when starting the camera in whatsapp while playing song. the app is closing
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloads gone after smartphone update

Recently my phone (OnePlus 5T) has made some updates.After each update all my "Downloaded" files seem to be gone. I need to download every time all songs to be able to listen offline.That this happens once, I can understand, but after every phone upd...

• Recently my phone (OnePlus 5T) has made some updates. After each update all my "Downloaded" files seem to be gone.  I need to download every time all songs to be able to listen offline. That t...
  • calinn
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"remove" option dangerously ambiguous

Operating SystemAndroid My Issue1. Play from a playlist2. Be in the "now playing" view3. Tap the 3 dots next to the song4. Observe the "remove" option (see screenshot)This option is super ambiguous - even misleading. Remove from what? A user looking ...

• Regular
  • Operating System Android   My Issue 1. Play from a playlist 2. Be in the "now playing" view 3. Tap the 3 dots next to the song 4. Observe the "remove" option (see screenshot) This option...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify says please go online to connect to spotify when i sign in

My Spotify will not let me sign in I have internet and when I sign in with Facebook it asks me to go online I don't want to reinstall the app as I would loose all my downloaded songsCan someone please helpKind regards Luke

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify will not let me sign in I have internet and when I sign in with Facebook it asks me to go online I don't want to reinstall the app as I would loose all my downloaded songs Can someone p...
  • w0e_t7l-cz3jj
  • 46 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 10 likes

Automatically downloading saved songs

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceOnePlus 3T Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Whenever I save a song or album to my library, Spotify automatically downloads them to my device. This has resulted in me reaching the maximum number of songs allowed ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US   Device OnePlus 3T  Operating System Android    My Question or Issue   Whenever I save a song or album to my library, Spotify ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes