Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding to queue cancels shuffle.

Adding to queue cancels shuffle.

This is an issue that's been happening only on Android. I have a Pixel 2 and have tested this on my friends Android devices and the same thing always happens. When I shuffle my library and add any song to queue, it cancels the shuffle and only plays the songs that showed up in the search bar when I searched for the song that I added to queue. Deleting what's in the search bar doesn't make a difference. I used to use Spotify on IOS and this was never once an issue.

Plan

Premium

Device

(Pixel 2)

Operating System

(Android 9 Beta)

4 Replies

Hey @Charcolo, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help out though.

Did this start happening after an app update? Also, what troubleshooting have you tried so far? If you haven't done so, try a quick reinstall to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Unfortunately reinstalling does not help at all because this is an issue that I encounter on any Android device I try it on. Here's a link to a video of the problem. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9cFxaz6WDGuV1DDTA

Notice how I had initially had my library was fine and everything was cool, but the moment I added a single song to queue, the songs that where once in queue were gone and were replaced by the 3 songs that showed up when I searched for Stoney. Once it would finish playing the 3 songs the music would stop.

@SergioDavid some help would be greatly appreciated

Hey @Charcolo.

Thanks for writing back.

That's strange. If possible, have a friend log into their account on your device to see if they can recreate it. It's possible that this is an account related issue. 

By the way, that Isaiah Rashad album is fire.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts