Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth issues in car, track info and changing track, xperia Z5

Bluetooth issues in car, track info and changing track, xperia Z5

After updating my Sony Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0, several functions no longer work i my car when connected via Bluetooth.
What does not work anymore is changing songs from the car controler and information about the current song does not show on the radio screening in the car anymore more. This worked before with Android version 6.x.

I have tryed to factory reset my phone andre mad sture everything is updated without any luck.

Playing music, adjusting the volume with the car controler works fine.

Please help!
9 Replies

I have The exact same issue! I'm so glad it's not just the phone or the car breaking! I hope they fix this soon..

Same for me. The audio still works. I can see time, and I can pause the music, but I can not change tracks from by car radio or see the artist + song name, as I have been used to.

Unfortunately exactly the same goes for me when I drive my 2013 VW Golf, it does seem to work in my friends Volvo V40 though.

Same issue here. Has anyone logged anything with Spotify Support?

Same problem for me as well. Audi a3 - Sony z5 premium.

Hi, i have not logged the problem with Spotify. But I am not sure the problem lies with Spotify. I think the problem possibly lies with Sony, that they haven't made the necessary changes to make the new Android version compatible with their model's. But I am not sure...

I have tried other android devices than Sony (and they worked fine), so i am 99,9 % sure, that it is Sony's android version that is fishy...

I have a samsung mobile that shows the spotify track that is playing but my sony xz doesn't show info showing and yes recently I have been unable to change tracks sometimes when using spotify on my sony mobile. i had to unlock the screen lock and then it started changing track again, but usually i drive with the screen locked.

I just replaced my Sony Xperia Z3+ with a Samsung S7 and now everything
works perfectly. Bad show from Sony I think. They obviously don't realise
how important music is to people.

Suggested posts