Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug in profile handling - mixed accounts

Solved!

Bug in profile handling - mixed accounts

Hi.

Approx. 2 weeks ago I logged into Spotify on a friend's Android phone. Ever since that moment, when I login to Spotify anywhere (with my own login credentials, of course) Spotify claims I am her - it shows her name and picture in the top-right corner of the desktop client and I can view her profile. Yet, all playlists shown are mine.

Being a software tester by profession this kinda makes me suspect there is some kind of a bug in profile data handling in the backend systems, apparently triggered by something the Android client does.

Now, I would prefer being me again. Please help.

-typo

PS. Before you ask me to reinstall the client and/or clear cache or so, I just installed a fresh copy of Spotify on a new computer and logged in for the very first time and ta-dah, guess whose profile data the client showed. Hint: not mine.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi typo - It just looks like your friend's Facebook is linked to your 'typo' account. 

You can disconnect it by going to your Preferences Page in your desktop application: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi typo - It just looks like your friend's Facebook is linked to your 'typo' account. 

You can disconnect it by going to your Preferences Page in your desktop application: Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

So the profile data shown in the desktop client is taken from Facebook? Okay, makes sense and seems I overreacted. Thank you for the prompt reply. It's good to be me again. 🙂

Suggested posts