Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bugg:Max volume drops on Samsung s4

Bugg:Max volume drops on Samsung s4

I have an issue with the max audio volume on my samsung s4.

Using headset I will have to repeatedly unplugg/replugg the headset to get max audio volume. I.e having selected max volume the level is okay, but suddenly (changing song) the max device volume is much lower. Inorder to get true max volume again the headset plug must be removed and inserted again now maxing the device volume it will be the true max for yet some time...

Seems to be related to using spotify with EQ, have tried different EQs but no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this?
3 Replies

some update...

I  can confirm that something is going on when changing track in spotify. My max-volome drops, so the device max volume is really low. This will only be resolved by disabling the eq or unplugging the earphone, unplugging the earphones returns the max-volume to the correct level until i PRESS next song.

Note that this seems to only apply if changing to next song manualy, i.e. it does not happen if i play each song to the end and the next one starts automatically...

To me this sound like a Spotify issue as its related to "button push" in Spotify. Please fix this before I wear out the earphone connection on my device 😃

There are other reports of issues with equalizers on the S4. Spotify uses the android OS equalizer and turning off audio effects in spotify's settings plus any other equalizer seems to be the only solution at the moment.

Yeah, but as a developer I can not really see the logic behind that a manual change of song triggers the bugg, but if you play the song to the end and the next one starts automatically there is no error. To me this seems to be related to a specific behaviour when pushing next i Spotify, not saying that there is not a bugg in the S4 and/or android, but something is different code-wise between actively selecting next in spotify and having spotify playing the next song after one has ended. So obviously Spotify can change to next song without triggering the bugg...

Suggested posts