Free

Country

US

Device

Google Pixel XL

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

The spotify app no longer appears in my notification bar. Can't find a way to enable it in the settings.

3 Replies

Hey there @pgv7_k-qrinv,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend making sure that all related notifications are enabled for Spotify on your device. You can double check this by going to your phone's Settings > Notifications > locate Spotify from the list of apps and tap it. You can then take a look for each category listed and toggle on "Display in status bar" for each.

If you're still having troubles after this, we'd recommed perfoming a quick reinstall of the app on your device. You can find the steps on how to do that here.

Let us know how you get on 🙂 We'll be right here if you need more help.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

The icon I'm looking for is at the top of the screen and indicates that there is music playing, for some reason when music is playing there is no icon, it's the same when I try to control the music from my lock screen as well. I checked the settings, it didn't fix the problem

Hey @SnakeFromJakeFarm,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Are you referring to an icon inside the app or an icon that used to appear at the top bar of your mobile phone screen? It'd be really helpful if you clarified this detail for us.

On another note, would you clarify to us exactly what settings you've checked? In this case, we'd suggest you enable all the permission to the app to see if you noticed any difference,

Since you mentioned you've had inconveniences with the control playback menu on the lock screen, would you mind sending us a full description of what's happening? Are you unable to change songs? Send us a full description of what's happening.

Lastly, just to confirm, has the app always been behaving like this or does it start to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? Please send us the details about it.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts