Can't Like Songs

Can't Like Songs

Plan: Duo

Free/Premium: Premium

Device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra: Samsung Galaxy Tab A

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Can't Like Songs on either device, even after clean reinstall, clearing cache in the app, clearing cache at the OS level, restarting phone, restarting tablet, logging out on all devices, updating application version on both devices, disabling power savings, and allowing all permissions.

I can still like songs on the web player, and through Google Assistant, just not on my Android devices. I'm using the beta version on both devices, and I believe the problem started 2 days ago.

3 Replies

Hey @Dirtmunn,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Could you send us the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed on your device?

On another note, tell us if you see this issue when logging in with a different account. 

Lastly, we recommend that you check if you have the Samsung Device Care app installed (Settings > Device Care). If so, adjust the settings in order to exclude Spotify from any optimization. Since the Device Care app optimizes the device's performance by managing tasks and clearing cache and info, its functions may generate conflicts with Spotify (even if you change settings from another source). 

Keep us in the loop.

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I have the same issue. In fact my liked songs list seems shrunken. 

Motorola stylus 5 g

Updated clean app

Not optimized

So not device specific. App is at fault here

Hey @LucyLuLuu,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

You mentioned that you've done an update of your app, which is the right thing to do - always! But it could be also worthwhile to perform a so called clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See if this will make your app behave as expected.

If the above doesn't help, then we'd ask you to share with us the current version of your Spotify app as well. This is to rule out if this could be a version specific situation as the original poster here mentioned using the beta version of the app. Also, please share with us is the liking still not possible for you only on your Android device but it works on web player or via voice assistance? If yes, share your device's OS version alongside a short video of the situation, as this would be of great help for our further investigations.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts