Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bluetooth Audio Hiccups

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePixel 3a XLOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssuePrior to the last few weeks I would only very occasionally have Spotify audio have a little hiccup while listening on my BT earbuds which is fine. Since a few weeks a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Pixel 3a XL Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Prior to the last few weeks I would only very occasionally have Spotify audio have a littl...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] First track added to queue is skipped

The way I use Spotify, I usually have a playlist I am continually listening to, and then when I want to hear something specific (usually podcast episodes) I will add it to the queue. However, when the current track finishes playing, the first track a...

• Casual Listener
  • The way I use Spotify, I usually have a playlist I am continually listening to, and then when I want to hear something specific (usually podcast episodes) I will add it to the queue. However, when th...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Your app sucks. Help me fix or I will have to migrate to another service.

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DeviceSAMSUNG Galaxy S10 (and same problems with S8)Operating SystemLatest Android My Question or IssueFor some reason your app is the most**bleep** I've ever experienced, riddled with problems I do not have on Soundcloud, You...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device SAMSUNG Galaxy S10 (and same problems with S8) Operating System Latest Android   My Question or Issue For some reason your app is the most**blee...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 17 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Recent searches beaviour broken

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePixel 4Operating SystemAndroid (Latest) My Question or Issue I assumed this was a bug and have been waiting for a fix, but I worry actually that this may be a misfeature. On the search "view" (page, screen?) there are a...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Pixel 4 Operating System Android (Latest)   My Question or Issue   I assumed this was a bug and have been waiting for a fix, but I worry actua...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Search
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Queued tracks not playing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry United StatesDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I play spotify all day and I usually can queue up a whole day of podcasts and let it continue without issues. Recently the queued music wil...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country  United States Device Samsung Galaxy S9+ Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I play spotify all day and I usually can queue u...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't get shuffle button to play songs in order

PlanFreeCountryUnited KingdomDeviceXiamoi Redmi Note 9 phoneOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI'm using a Xiamoi Redmi Note 9 Phone on Android 11 all latest updates for everything including Spotify & I'm a free user. My Question Because ...

•   Plan Free Country United Kingdom Device Xiamoi Redmi Note 9 phone Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I'm using a Xiamoi Redmi Note 9 Phone on Android 11 all lat...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android 11: wrong order playlists and playlists folders

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceOppo X3 ProOperating SystemAndroid 11 / Colors v11.2 My Question or IssueThe playlists and the playlists folders order on Android 11 does not work properly.The only filters that work are: Recently Added, Recently Played and...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Oppo X3 Pro Operating System Android 11 / Colors v11.2   My Question or Issue The playlists and the playlists folders order on Android 11 does no...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Accessing queue from secondary device, now only listing the track currently in play

When I access the queue from a secondary device, it only lists the current track now. Streaming from my tablet, accessing to the queue from my phone .. its been only showing the track currently playing. ¿What happened? PlanPremiumDevice Samsung s7+ t...

• Regular
  • When I access the queue from a secondary device, it only lists the current track now.   Streaming from my tablet, accessing to the queue from my phone .. its been only showing the track curren...
  • Eni
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Playlists] Last song

It would be very nice if, for example, you could have an option to keep listening to a music till the end and automatically pause/ turn off the music after. Like you don't have to be close the phone to choose to pause it.

• Visitor
  • It would be very nice if, for example, you could have an option to keep listening to a music till the end and automatically pause/ turn off the music after. Like you don't have to be close the phone ...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files Won't Sync from PC

 I'm trying to sync a Local file from my PC to my phone as the song just got taken off spotify so I purchased it and downloaded it. I've gotten local files to work many times in the past but I've been through many ISPs since then and different spotif...

Screenshot 2021-08-05 232451.jpg Screenshot_2021-08-05-23-25-55.png Screenshot_20210805-232540.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   I'm trying to sync a Local file from my PC to my phone as the song just got taken off spotify so I purchased it and downloaded it. I've gotten local files to work many times in the past but I've b...
  • jaydicine
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Your Library] Local files not downloading on PC or Phone.

Hi, I'm trying to play local file songs on my Samsung but it's not working. To list all the things I've done, I've reinstalled spotify on both devices. I'm using Spotify from the microsoft store too. Both devices are connected to the same wifi.The pr...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I'm trying to play local file songs on my Samsung but it's not working. To list all the things I've done, I've reinstalled spotify on both devices. I'm using Spotify from the microsoft store too....
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Your Library
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android Automotive - screen dim resets view

PlanPremium CountryNorway DevicePolestar 2 Operating SystemAndroid Automotive My Question or IssueWhen in album art view and the screen dims, i.e. when entering or exiting a tunnel, the view is shifted back to playlist mode.

• Regular
  • Plan Premium   Country Norway    Device Polestar 2   Operating System Android Automotive   My Question or Issue When in album art view and the screen dims, i.e. ...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify media notification disappears after 30min

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceOnePlus5Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 My Question or IssueWhen I play music from my Android device to a wireless speaker via Spotify connect, the media control notification disappears after about 30mins. It's really annoyi...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country France Device OnePlus5 Operating System Android 9.0   My Question or Issue When I play music from my Android device to a wireless speaker via Spotify connect, the ...
  • Xenia
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Notifications
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

[Android][Playlists] playlists broken in Android app

I downloaded the 29/07/2021 Android update a few days ago and since then all playlists are broken in the app. I can't open my own playlists, or the Made For You playlists -- every time I try to open a playlist all I get is the "Something went wrong -...

• Casual Listener
  • I downloaded the 29/07/2021 Android update a few days ago and since then all playlists are broken in the app. I can't open my own playlists, or the Made For You playlists -- every time I try to open ...
  • lmcm177
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Playlists] Allow song sorting in playlist

Allow different sort song dropdown selection in android mobile app playlist. This feature is currently available in desktop app, but it's not available in Android Mobile app.

• Visitor
  • Allow different sort song dropdown selection in android mobile app playlist. This feature is currently available in desktop app, but it's not available in Android Mobile app. 
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Spotify app on Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ keeps freezing and stopping

I have purchased Spotify premium for over a year now and the app on my phone keeps freezing and stopping to a point where I have to force stop the app, it is really problematic especially when playing music for a crowed and I have to shut everything ...

• I have purchased Spotify premium for over a year now and the app on my phone keeps freezing and stopping to a point where I have to force stop the app, it is really problematic especially when playin...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Playlists] Play selected song after ad

If a song from the queue is selected to play but an ad is played instead, the selected song is skipped and the one following it in the queue is played instead. Please fix this.

• Music Fan
  • If a song from the queue is selected to play but an ad is played instead, the selected song is skipped and the one following it in the queue is played instead. Please fix this.
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't add songs to the queue with mobile data

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevice(Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra)Operating System(Android 11) My Question or IssueHi!Whenever I use mobile data to play Spotify, because I don't have wifi at that moment, I am able to play playlists or albums that I haven't ev...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device (Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra) Operating System (Android 11)   My Question or Issue Hi! Whenever I use mobile data to play Spotify, because I don't hav...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android] Can't see lyrics on my Android app, while I'm able on the Mac app

Plan: PremiumCountry: ArgentinaDevice: Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System: Android 10Android Spotify version: 8.6.48.796 Error:I cannot see Lyrics on my phone while I'm able to see it on the Desktop app installed on my Mac, so I assume it's an issue re...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: Argentina Device: Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System: Android 10 Android Spotify version: 8.6.48.796   Error: I cannot see Lyrics on my...
  • aakarshz
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile] [Podcast] Sort by Unplayed buggy behavior

I'll sort a list of podcast episodes by unplayed, then listen to one episode. Then when I return to the list of episodes, the sort is no longer applied. Waiting for any amount of time does nothing, but once I scroll for a while to find the next unpla...

• Regular
  • I'll sort a list of podcast episodes by unplayed, then listen to one episode. Then when I return to the list of episodes, the sort is no longer applied. Waiting for any amount of time does nothing, b...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Ongoing Issues
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes